New Member Introduction!

wesleywest

Hey everybody! I'm Wesley West! I just joined the forum and yesterday I purchased a '99 TJ W/ a 2.5L 4-cyl manual. It's got 200k miles on it but seems to be running great and has very little rust! I had some issues with it starting so this morning I took it to a shop for evaluation and found out it needs a battery, brakes and and there's a small radiator leak but aside from that seems to have a fairly clean bill of health!

I'm primarily buying it to tow behind my RV and use to get around wherever I'm at so I probably won't be putting a ton of miles on it.

At this point I'm still deciding on exactly what my long term plans are with it. I may just try and sell it to make a little on it since it has such high miles or I may just turn it into a slow work in progress and upgrade things as needed. With such high miles on it I just don't know what the best plan of action of it would be. It's had two owners, the first put 165k of the miles on in 5 years, pretty much all highway miles, he even put regular street tires on it. The second owner put the remaining miles on it and mostly just parked it in his garage using it very little. That said I feel pretty good about its prior treatment and I don't think it's been "rode hard and put away wet" like a lot of Jeeps you'll find out there.

I'd love to hear any feedback or thoughts from you experienced Jeep guys would be awesome. I realize with what limited I've told you that's not easy I'm just looking for general thoughts.

Attachments

• image-1222512760.jpg
    image-1222512760.jpg
    643.2 KB · Views: 218
Congrats on the purchase! It's a very clean looking Jeep. I wouldn't worry a ton about the miles, with a Wrangler as long as you have a vin number you can continue to have a Jeep, frames, axles, engines, etc... Are all just wear items. :)

Highway tires! PPFFFTT! What kind of idiot put highway tires on a wrangler?

Here is my Jeep with highway tires. I bought the tires delivered to my house for $200 for four. LOL. I don't wheel mine, well I do, I just don't make it very far at all.

Back