Can you consider a Jeep as a small truck

tarptruck

This question confuses me a bit and I need expert's opinion with regard to this topic. Some jeep / truck lesson for me please!

Nope! I call them jeeps. But have some of the same characteristics of a truck, rough rideing, lousy gas milage, but a much better chick magnet then any truck. It's a jeep thing.:)

i use mine as a truck and call it a truck during normal conversation. rides solidly, tows well, good ground clearance

The CJ's and Wranglers have body on frame design similar to trucks, something not so common any more. Some might say you need a separate uncovered cargo area (bed) to be considered a truck.

Why the concern?

Thanks y'all. :) Just in case someone asks me about this, I'm equipped with expert's opinion.

I consider my '82 CJ8 a small truck. The CJ5 an SUV with heavy emphasis on the utility. I've been to Lowes many times hauling everything from 2x4's to bags of concrete.

Back in the 60's, when I was in ROTC, the Army classification of military jeeps of the time was 1/4 ton trucks.

I'm pretty sure to be considered a truck the bed has to be separate from the body.

A Jeep is a Jeep. I'd say it doesn't fall under a truck or car, although it can haul stuff like a truck and if you take out the back seats you'll have a bed :p

My body is one with my bed right now. Hehe. I try to separate them daily, but Percocet is debilitating.

Oh yes it is,when I broke some ribs and my shoulder bone in a scooter accident , they gave me that. Was taking the minimum dosage at first, then after a couple of days upgraded to the max dosage,then, oh my my Gennybro was doing just fine. Wish ya the best sis.

I call my Wrangler a truck sometimes and my 5-year old son nearly always corrects me immediately. He says "it's a Jeep, daddy, not a truck!"

So there's my son's two cents on the topic.

I call my Wrangler a truck sometimes and my 5-year old son nearly always corrects me immediately. He says "it's a Jeep, daddy, not a truck!"

So there's my son's two cents on the topic.
It appears the matter has been settled by a 5 yr old.:)

Webster's-"...3 : a wheeled vehicle for moving heavy articles: as a : a strong horse-drawn or automotive vehicle (as a pickup) for hauling b : a small barrow consisting of a rectangular frame having at one end a pair of handles and at the other end a pair of small heavy wheels and a projecting edge to slide under a load —called also hand truck c : a small heavy rectangular frame supported on four wheels for moving heavy objects d : a small flat-topped car pushed or pulled by hand e : a shelved stand mounted on casters f : an automotive vehicle with a short chassis equipped with a swivel for attaching a trailer and used especially for the highway hauling of freight ; also : a truck with attached trailer.."

So how heavy are you? :)

ok, you put your groceries in the trunk of your 65 mustang to take them home. Now at this point it is not a car but a truck, because you are trucking something some where. Now lets just knock it off with the nonsense please.

Truck. Motor vehicle designed to carry freight or heavy articles. The first truck was built in Germany in 1896 by Gottlieb Daimler. By the 1920s trucks had become a major means of freight transport. Gasoline engines for trucks were common until the 1940s, when diesel engines generally replaced them. Trucks may be either straight (all axles attached to the frame) or articulated (two or more frames connected by couplings); large articulated trucks consist of a towing tractor and a connected semitrailer. Air brakes were added to trucks in 1918 and four-wheel brakes in 1925; later improvements included power steering.

ok, you put your groceries in the trunk of your 65 mustang to take them home. Now at this point it is not a car but a truck, because you are trucking something some where. Now lets just knock it off with the nonsense please.
Yes, because you are all about no nonsense in the forums...

Back