Fiat to buy the rest of Chrysler

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Fiat is going to buy the remaining part of Chrysler

CNN Money said:
In a statement, Fiat said it has agreed to pay $3.65 billion for the 41.46% of Chrysler it doesn't already own from the UAW's medical benefits trust for retirees.

Fiat shares gained nearly 13% in Milan early Thursday to trade at €6.70, their highest level since July 2011.

In addition to the deal, Chrysler will contribute $700 million to the benefits trust over a 4-year period. For its part, the UAW has agreed to support the automaker's plans to roll out vehicles and will drop a Delaware court proceeding over options exercised by Fiat in the acquisition of Chrysler.

Full article at CNN -
Fiat to buy full control of Chrysler - Jan. 1, 2014

I think Chrysler's quality has really up since Fiat bought controlling interest in the the company a few years back. I hope that trend continues. I live in SE Michigan, so the Big-3 are always hot topics around here, but we're 100% Chrysler (1 Jeep, 2 Dodges) at my house. I can't see myself going away from them anytime soon.

I think Chrysler's quality has really up since Fiat bought controlling interest in the the company a few years back. I hope that trend continues. I live in SE Michigan, so the Big-3 are always hot topics around here, but we're 100% Chrysler (1 Jeep, 2 Dodges) at my house. I can't see myself going away from them anytime soon.

My '12 Unlimited Rubicon is the first Chrysler I've owned. Given their past record, I was very skeptical about purchasing a Jeep. I've had one fairly serious issue with it; the heater core plugged up because of manufacturing debris still being inside it, which caused all the HVAC parts to need replacement, plus a major engine flush. That happened at around 12,000 miles. I have about 22,000 miles on it now and I haven't had any other issues with it. Depending on how long it lasts will determine whether I will purchase another Chrysler and/or Jeep. As of right now, I'm very happy with my Jeep and would definitely consider another one in the future.

Back