Life in the mountains....

mud4feet

Going up the driveway today.......going good......until.........I HATE ICE!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20140215_143402.jpg
    IMG_20140215_143402.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20140215_143417.jpg
    IMG_20140215_143417.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20140215_143438.jpg
    IMG_20140215_143438.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26

It was a helluva ride. Hate it when youre totally helpless.......steer it the best you can.

Yes, chains would do it. But not worth the price for how infrequent this stuff is here. All four tires would not help (open diffs), but today I sure wish Id have had them.:cry:

We will pull her out tomorrow (50s?) and hope for not much damage. Sometimes you thank God for mud!

Yes, chains would do it. But not worth the price for how infrequent this stuff is here. All four tires would not help (open diffs), but today I sure wish Id have had them.:cry:

I dont know about that,For 200 dollars ya get a set of chains for all 4 tires and it well go, verses . Getting stuck, tow truck fee, damage to jeep, walking from God knows where. Cold baby doll, which may turn out to be a good thing. I think it's a good invest.
Got a jeep, go equipt for anything, dont forget snacks.

Last edited:
I dont know about that,For 200 dollars ya get a set of chains for all 4 tires and it well go, verses . Getting stuck, tow truck fee, damage to jeep, walking from God knows where. Cold baby doll, which may turn out to be a good thing. I think it's a good invest.
Got a jeep, go equipt for anything, dont forget snacks.
Woul

$200 dont get it......maybe rethink that with global warming :D. No tow fee......we will get her out tomorrow when everything melts (have salted and have a shovel). No damage that I could see (other than my ego :cry:). I was 100 ft. from making it to the driverway. Woudnt own anything but my Jeep, just hate the he** out of ice. Ice leaves little options.

I purchased 4 chains for 33x12.5 tires for 200 dollars, I know what I"m talking about.

I'm guessing you got it unstuck - was there any damage?
Yeah, Terry, we pulled it out with my son's F-150 once the ice melted......closest she's been to turning over! Only damage was one of those stupid plastic bumper caps (rear bumper is still stock) and, of course, my pride. I am grateful.

the angle of those pictures had me wondering how it stopped where it was but now I see how it's positioned. I'm glad to great you're ok & your Jeep is ok too!!!

Yeah, Terry, we pulled it out with my son's F-150 once the ice melted......closest she's been to turning over! Only damage was one of those stupid plastic bumper caps (rear bumper is still stock) and, of course, my pride. I am grateful.
Darn glad you came out without a scratch , and for the most part , your jeep as well . Don't know if you'll ever laugh about it , doubt it much but wondering how it would feel that a jeep had to get rescued by a ford . Kind of ironic , eh ? Well , jeeps at one time had some ford in their blood so it's all akin I guess . Hope you fair well the rest this winter and every other comes your way up there in Gods country . Safe jeepin' brother. Greg

P.S. - a big thank you to your boy !

Back