Where the World's Unsold Cars Go To Die

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
So it turns out that car manufacturers all over the world have been having a hard time selling cars. Instead of letting these cars go at big discounts (who would buy a car for full price when they could get one super cheap), they have been mothballing them for years, and have built up huge lots of these cars. These is a pretty good article on this here:
Where the World's Unsold Cars Go To Die | Zero Hedge

however here are some of the photos:

Swindon, United Kingdom:
cars 2.jpg

Nissan test track in Sunderland United Kingdom:
cars 5.jpg

runway near St Petersburg in Russia:
cars94.jpg

Here is another opinion on that article.

The visuals are strong, the headline is clear, and you almost don't have to read the article to viscerally understand the problem. I, more than anyone, get the appeal of this story because it seems to largely rip off an article I wrote — including the images and headline — more than five years ago (which itself was largely a rehash of a Guardian article).
P

Where Are Automakers Stashing Unsold Cars?

The steep decline in worldwide car sales is causing automakers to stash over-produced cars in…Read more

I would think that most intelligent people would read this and obviously see the flaws but, alas, I've had enough emails about it this morning that I feel the need to refute it. And since it's a (bad) copy of something I wrote, I have an extra responsibility to kill this misunderstanding before it has a chance to spread.
P

I'll get to a point-by-point refutation in a second, but if you don't have time for that just look at the photos and look at my article and then look at a Google Satellite pic of those same places and you'll see they're gone.

Back