Tom Woods or Spicer?

Spicer is a manufacturer, Tom Woods is a builder that will likely use Spicer parts. Sounds like you should use the quickest method, all other things being equal.

Spicer is a manufacturer, Tom Woods is a builder that will likely use Spicer parts. Sounds like you should use the quickest method, all other things being equal.

Not so much, at least in the rear drive shaft I purchased (tom wood's, bought from quadratec) it uses his own gold seal u joints, brass bushings as opposed to needle bearings. Plus it has a lifetime warranty, including the u joints. It's worth the extra week especially since she can still drive the Jeep without the front drive shaft.

Not so much, at least in the rear drive shaft I purchased (tom wood's, bought from quadratec) it uses his own gold seal u joints, brass bushings as opposed to needle bearings. Plus it has a lifetime warranty, including the u joints. It's worth the extra week especially since she can still drive the Jeep without the front drive shaft.
Were the yokes not Spicer?

Thanks again Bounty Hunter. Ya I ended up going with the Spicer...so Jeep will be ready Friday! Fed up of waiting and all things point to pretty much the same as you said. ;)

Last edited:
Back