Toddler Crashes Jeep, Runs Home to Watch Cartoons

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
toddler-jeep-crash-072814.jpg

Police say a toddler crashed a Jeep into an Oregon home, then ran back to his home to watch cartoons.
Authorities say the 3-year-old boy who was wearing only a diaper climbed into the Jeep Tuesday evening and knocked it out of gear. Witnesses say it rolled down the street, through an intersection and into the house, causing minor damage.

KPTV reports (Police: Diapered driver crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoon - KPTV - FOX 12) an officer found the boy on a couch watching TV as if nothing had happened.

He said his parents weren't home and another relative was sleeping. Police cited 22-year-old Brennan Pennington for failing to supervise a child.

I wonder what the charge for jeep nappin' is in Oregon . Wonder what cartoon he got this idea from . 3 yrs old , startin' his life of crime young , huh ! Solitary confinement to his playpen !
minor damage huh , that will come out of his allowance 'till he's in college , at least !
P.S. - my wife said that it's amazing the 3 yr old did not get hurt in the crash. Small in stature and not buckled in , the baby could have easily sustained injury , I.E. , bumping his head on the steering wheel. Good point . Thanks hon. So , that leaves a question ; how did he escape injury ? Why wasn't be scared out of his wits ?

Last edited:
This sounds like something that could easily happen at my house! Maybe I should get some wheel chocks :shock:

My dad did the same thing to his Aunts brand new Cadillac when he was 2. The responding officer paid him a dime to tell his story lol. He also took his older brother's patrol sash and walked to a busy intersection in Silver Spring MD to direct traffic.

I did the same thing although it was a Cadillac and not a Jeep and I was a bit older but I did run inside and watch cartoons like nothing happened. I was playing outside and climbed in the front seat of Dad's new car. I'm sure I was turning the steering wheel and making vroom vroom noises and then yanked on the gear shift lever just like I'd seen my Dad do. For whatever reason it went into neutral and started slowly rolling backwards out of the carport. The driveway was on a very slight incline so it continues veering left over some small bushes and stopping on top of a small tree in the side yard that bent over as I hit it. My side of the story is that that's when I got it back in park but my parents say that the tree stopped me from going in the street. I'll stick with my side of the story. The tree is gone now but you can see the driveway and bushes I ran over on the left. Tree would have been near the ditch to the left of the driveway in this google map pic. So I did what any kid (apparently) would do. I didn't say a word to anyone and ran inside and watched cartoons. Unfortunately the neighbor saw the whole thing. I got my Big Wheel taken away from me for a whole week!

I'm wondering how he steered it with no PS??? And, thankfully, it was a YJ and didn't have those damn airbags! The airbag deploying probably would've killed him.

I vote for a parking brake.

Or maybe just lift it too high for the kids.
the parking brake most likely would have averted this accident . A lift kit would deter most youths his age unless the tyke were really ingenious. Better make sure the lift exceeds his reach if he ( or she ) drags out their toy chest ! Lol
thankfully the kids alright even though his parents will bear the pain. If it weren't for the damage , this whole thing would be downright totally hysterical ! :funny:
P.S.- thinking like a family man w/family expenses ( which I am not) , generally , a lift kit is expensive ( ya think ? ) . Now you will have a legitimate reason to invest in one and the expense will be seen best for the family. Fear not family man , there's always a way !

Last edited:
Back