Just stopped by to vent

southtj

My wife and I both get end of year bonuses and we were ready to treat ourselves. Years past we've used the money for new house, furniture, school etc. Last summer we moved into a new house knowing there were some repairs such as the HVAC that would need to be done but we hoped it would make it a couple years. Nope. Last winter we had to replace two furnaces and the AC units. Buh bye bonuses.

This year my wife had picked out a really nice bracelet that she's been wanting and I had the lift, tires and wheels for the JK all picked out and just waiting to order. Wasn't meant to be. A couple weeks ago the tenants from our rental house called and said the heat was out. Bam - $2800. Wife's truck had been making some bad noises in the front end and took it in. Control arm bushings and new air compressor - $1700. :cry:

Every day I walk out to the parking lot and have to look at the beautiful lifted JKU that parks near me and my heart sinks. I know my JK is sad too. Maybe next year.

NationalLampoonsChristmasVacationStill5-1.jpg

scrooge-1.gif

Sorry for the bad run of luck. It sounds like you're making the right choices though - most people would just throw whatever they want on the credit cards and worry about paying for it later.

It'll just make things better when you do buy them, since you had to wait for them.

Back