Remember NOS

Sully

:lol: :lol: This is the funniest thing.Go to ebaymotors.com and look at this 79 cj7 with NOS!!! :lol: :lol: Thats just to funny,and no ones bid on it yet,its at $100 dallars with no reserve!!! Just thought that you should know. later :wink: Sully[addsig]

prolly like all the "thug" rice cars..its the sticker that makes it fast. just like the park bench spoilers they bolt onto the trunks...one thing i love is to hear VROOOOOOMM and see some old beater thats thuged out[addsig]

I didn't find the link, but I would like to express my ideas for a second.
Other than offroading, I love auto racing, nascar, outlaw, drag doesn't matter, motorsports are motorsports to me. I would some day like to do the following and bring jeep into a new relm of racing.
I have always liked the CJ8, well... I want to turn one into a 2 wd truck, drop in this outragously huge engine (like the new gmpp 576ci engine) leave it looking stock except the 33x16.5x15r mickey slicks in the back and the slightly lowered front end (not ground scrapping) and of course all the proper safty equiptment.
Thats a jeep that might need NOS.
And of course, I would have to tow it to and from the track on a trailer being pulled by a matching 4x4 CJ8 running something like 36 inchers and a firebreathing V8.

OK now everyone can beat me up and make fun of my idea, remember it is just an idea! But don't you think that would be cool?

Johnny[addsig]

well hey, they have JeepSpeed where they race cherokees offroad..... scramblers would probably be good for that too. if your talking about racing them on the street...... i dunno.....[addsig]

unfortunatly i was never able to finish this project....1973 comando , set up like a 1960s gasser with 440 , 4 speed , cut rear wheelwells complete with cheater slicks, straight front axle , notched front grill with MOON style tank. i had most of the parts and had even started but ran out of money , space and time. too bad cause it could of been a screamer![addsig]

I want to turn one into a 2 wd truck
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-O :-O :-O

edited by: Snitty, Apr 29, 2003 - 06:34 PM[addsig]

I want to turn one into a 2 wd truck
I can see the benifits of less weight and that kinda Jeep, I don't want to say it but, doesn't need 4WD. I saw a CJ-7 in one four wheeling magazine that was running ten second quarter miles! The CJ-8 is my favorite all time Jeep and I think one like that would be cool.[addsig]

I chose the CJ8 for a particular reason, IF you look at the factory bracket drag racing from the early-mid 60's, Dyno Dan I believe his name was, pioneered this Idea to move the rear wheels inward to get more weight over them, bettering the holeshot.
I knew this was gonna come out, I would have to make if 2WD TO save on weight and power, it is a fact that having a transfer case bolted up would rob me of need horses.

Hey I said it was a idea, I am not going to rip apart my YJ or nothing. I get lots of wierd Ideas like this I also wondered anout taking a little civic crx and mounting it on a ZUki frame, all new 4x4 honda! An about a hundred more. How do you think I got the idea of taking a 68 firebird subframe and grafting it into the factory 41 plymouth frame, retaining the original X member and all the other mods I have made. Hell I put 17 inch 300M rims on my friend explorer, looks pretty good. I am wierd I know![addsig]

weird is good. if you want to take a cj-8 and turn it into a blacktop beast then i say GO FOR IT !! just better have some real snots under that hood!! "DYNO'' Dan Nicolson is who your thinking of. the DODGE / PLYMOUTH cars were untouchable with the altered wheelbase/ big block combo. [addsig]

well in the last week i have become obssed w/ drag racing... my and my buddy went to our local 1/4 mile track.... it was great!! now im tryin to figure out how to build the jeep, and buy half of a dragster w/ my friend :-D :-D [addsig]

yea so I definetley saw a lowered yj with 120 spoke 20 inch rims and low profile tires.........i know some people have their own style....but thats just a disgrace[addsig]

I have been pondering a Hemi swap into a Jeep.
Obviously not to be a rock crawler, and not for
drag racing, but just for fun and conversation.
(Since everyone knows that I love the Hemi.)

[addsig]

Back