speeding ticket

Knuckles

I got a speeding ticket today. First ticket in over twenty two years. I drive like a farmer. Was driving my Jeep.

officer said I accelerated too soon. Was ten over in a forty zone. Boy am I ****ed. 124.00 dollars ****ed. I was Barney Fifed! Handed me the ticket fifty yards past the sixty MPH speed limit sign. Boy am I ****ed!

I do not want to pay that ticket. The officer was really really nice, that really ****ed me off.

Knuckles

Wow , $124 sounds like a New York violations fee. Here we have a new program called "VISION ZERO" and it is aimed at reducing the vehicular / pedestrian accidents . The trouble is , all the blame is unjustly cast on the driver and the pedestrian is seemingly not held at fault for crossing in traffic against their right of way. Also , new 25 mph speed limits are being enforced city wide which yields the same results as your Barney fife. It is hard to prove your word against the ticket issuing officer to the judge and the city coffers are literally banking on that. But I feel in your case that if pedestrian / auto accidents are not statistically cited to the general public , it should not take a lawyer to fight this . A local politician ought to be consulted by citizens such as yourself citing government harassment , AKA , extortion . It's always been well known that out of towers suffer the grips of law enforcement but when local folks are being fleeced for their milk money , that deserves the attention of your constituents and should also be brought to the attention of the newspapers. More people should know of this and band together and notify the pol's so as not to be looked upon as an isolated incident. If you feel your actions were in no way reckless , the point to be made in my opinion is taxation without representation . Even though speed limits are posted and in plain view ( they'll say ) it dosen't mean you should be hammered for an expense of this magnitude especially when your driving record has been clean for so many years. Rightfully , you should have been given a warning if the officer had cross checked your license . I think this deserves a shot in traffic court.

That sucks man, they do that here too, in Canada. Easy pickins, and I think they count on people not fighting that. It costs more to take the time off of work to go to court than to pay it. And here if you don't stop for a pedestrian It's a 250$ ticket. I suggest a dash cam. I picked one up after I was in a fender bender. With that it'll never be your word against theirs, with accidents or whatever else. is a permanent witness

If you could read the limit sign from where you were, when he clocked your speed, you may have an argument. If you couldn't, I don't think you could do much.

Last edited:

In this State you get 500 ft. before and after a limit sign before you can be ticketed for the change in speed. Check your state for similar laws.

And I don't get that you're upset the Officer was nice. Most complain when they're not nice. Seems Police can't win.

Are you getting an attorney to represent you in court for the same price as the ticket?

You should have told the officer that you pay his salary, and that's you'd have his badge for this!

I was driving down Main Street as a officer was following me in my jeep. A bunch of wild Turkeys ran out in the road. I hit one and it flew over and landed on his hood of the officer.
He pulled me over and gave me a ticket
For flipping him the bird

That's fowl

Of course if you didn't hit it there would be "no harm no fowl."

Lol. Course when you tell that joke in person it gets them every time. Good pause at the "gave me a ticket" part Works great

I'm confused by your tactics.

I was simply pointing out as written it appears as through the Officer is driving the Jeep. "in my Jeep" is better after "I was driving".

Back