Snow Fire

Gennybro

I came up with this idea of an easy way for campers and backpackers to start a fire. The item is 100% organic, half the size of a golf ball, well ignite with a match even when wet. Well melt through a snowbank when lit, and the flame lasts for 10 minutes, ample enough time to start a fire.
What do ya'll think about this product? Thinking about producing them and selling them for 1.50 a piece. Very easy way to start a campfire. The nugget by the fire is one of the snow fire . I just placed the nugget on the snow bank and lit it, burned all the way to the ground.

Attachments

• 2015-02-22 19.17.57.jpg
    2015-02-22 19.17.57.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 2015-02-22 19.23.08.jpg
    2015-02-22 19.23.08.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 2015-02-22 19.19.50.jpg
    2015-02-22 19.19.50.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 2015-02-22 19.17.45.jpg
    2015-02-22 19.17.45.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 2015-02-22 19.16.24.jpg
    2015-02-22 19.16.24.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

It is something that could serve well in a survival situation . In the event that it becomes necessary to get the fire under control , is it easily extinguishable ? This will be a concern if it is to be marketed. But I still feel this is ingenious and potentially well serving.

Sounds/looks like a great idea! I agree it would be a great emergency/survival product. Good thing to carry when hiking/skiing ect. The waterproof aspect would make it great to carry while backwoods canoeing or kayaking.

If the material is safe for public use I think you are on to something that could go big.
Is it patentable....it would be much more valuble if no one could copy your idea.
Go for it!!!!!!!

Would it be legal to mail them, or is it a hazardous substance?

I think $1.50 is too cheap. I'd expect to pay $3.99 or so, assuming it had a nice name and packaging.

Would it be legal to mail them, or is it a hazardous substance?

I think $1.50 is too cheap. I'd expect to pay $3.99 or so, assuming it had a nice name and packaging.

I don't believe there would be any problem at all mailing them since it is 100% organic and not explosive. I'm working on the packaging idea, as well as the name. Sizzeling nuggets was anouther thought for a name for this product. But snow fire came to my mind since that would be the most extreme situation where as it would light and still keep on burning in a snow bank.
Thus proving the quality of the product. Just need a name that stands out.
I'm just in experimental stage right now, and wanted to get opinions as to weather it was a worthwhile project. Thanks ya'll for your input.
I may possibly decide to send some samples to jeepz.com members so as to get the word out about them and get feed back about the product. Just don't know how I would do that as of right now.

There are quite a few other fire starters on the market...I think it would be a good idea to check their prices & compare your Snow Fire then price accordingly. The burn time & moisture proof quality may make yours unique & pricing should reflect that.

I've been checking that out, and have been contemplating as to if I could compete in that market, the golf ball size of it may give me an edge also.

Back