A man with too much money

Shane

I'm here to be jealous, but he's basically done the work bye himself, so my hand goes out to him-a badass application of SOA on a 93 YJ. Check out http://www.tommyjeep.com awsome jeep... (and its white like mine!! :-D)[addsig]

yeah i wish i had more money then i know what to do with...good site there. i'm going to attempt a suspension lift in a few weeks on my new TJ. plan is friends who never did it before, case of beer and some pizza. It would be a good idea to have atleast somebody that knows how to do it
-Evan[addsig]

lol Hey go check out this guys video's. Thier badass! I want an SOA and 38's so i can do that, lol[addsig]

There is no sucjh thing as too much money... It how to spend the money that is sometimes the problem.... OlllllO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool: [addsig]

or planning out all yer buys and getting mad because you don't have the money to get all the neat stuff...and won't have it for awhile cause you don't get paid nearly as much as you need..heh..is your jeep ever done?
-Evan[addsig]

OK now, didn't mom ever tell you it's not nice to talk about people behind their backs? ;-)

Too much money? I'd have to agree with Alaskan... No such thing. Besides, I've seen A LOT of people spend way more than I did, and walk away far less equiped. Like you mentioned Shane, I do my own work, and labor is expensive! Not sure how long you guys have had your Jeeps, but mine has been a work in progress for 10 years. The wife would say I spent way too much, but I think I got away cheap. :-D

BTW, you guys could have at least invited me to the board, sheesh! :-( [addsig]

TommyJeep, I would just like to welcome you to jeepz.com, I think its great what you did to your jeep. I hope you will stick around because you can probably help most of us on the board with the questions and problems we have.

TARSI[addsig]

The wife has granted me approval to begin
the process of swapping a Hemi into a Jeep.
But I am way at the beginning, just about to
actually start hunting for the right Jeep. :)
[addsig]

Damn, nice engine. Fuel injected I hope. I always cringe when I seen such a drastic upgrade to a Jeep, but then see a carb on the top. Jeeps like to climb steep hills, carb's don't.

I never did an engine swap in mine, but I always planned to. With the larger tires and heavier running gear, freeway performance just suffers more and more. But since I bought a trailer and a tow rig, an engine swap dropped WAY down on the list. Sure, if money were no object, I would have had an LT1 a long time ago, but basically just for the "cool factor". The type of wheel'n I do (rock crawling) doesnt' require horsepower, just torque and gears. Hard to beat the torque in the 4.0L HO.

edited by: TommyJeep, May 13, 2003 - 03:46 PM[addsig]

Hard to beat the torque in the 4.0L HO.

you've got that right... its quite the machine to push our rigs over the obstacles... and with gearing, of which i've seen you have a great deal... i'd say Jeep made a good choice
[addsig]

Actually, my gearing is only 75:1. In the rock crawling world, that's a touch on the fast side. 100:1 is the holy grail, IMHO. I hear Advanced Adaptors is playing with the idea of a 5:1 Atlas case. That would put me at 93:1 and that's close enough. :-D [addsig]

in your videos, you have more than low enough gears... I would stick with that, but its your rig, and thats totally up to you. what do you have in the axles[addsig]

Most of the time, 75:1 has been fine. But once in a while, 100:1 would have been nice. I could always put it in 2nd to get to the 75:1 area if I wanted :-D

4.88's in the axles.[addsig]

Back