Softball to my window

jeeper90

Terrible weekend for this to happen. My windshield took a softball dead on and it got smashed good. Was doing some reading and found that Kentucky doesn't allow insurance companies to charge deductibles on windshield replacements Will my insurance pay for auto glass repair? | WindshieldRepairTech.com. Does anyone have any experience with this, any Kentuckians? Obviously too late to call a shop and I'm not dealing with insurance on my holiday weekend. Thanks.

I can't really speak to the insurance thing - I'm in Virginia, and there is no difference between a glass claim and a regular claim (I've replaced my Wrangler windshield twice). I will say that you should all around a bit - I found that almost everyone was the same price, then I found one shop that was about half the price - apparently most companies around here are part of the same network.

I'm in Delaware, I have a zero deductible anyway, but insurance is usually pretty quick... some places local to you might have the windshield in stock now.
I always have the glass company come to me instead of waiting in their shop

I always have the glass company come to me instead of waiting in their shop

I asked how much last time, and it was about $10 difference to have them come to me. I'll pay that any day over sitting in a waiting room for three hours.

Back