What do you consider the best Jeep mod?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
As a general poll, what would you say is the best mod that you can do to a Jeep? This can be anything from super expensive to dirt cheap.

For my vote, I'm on the fence between a locker, a lift, and ... :eek: ..a bluetooth capable stereo.

Last edited:

If you off road it which I think you do, I would suggest the locker. I was amazed at the difference only a rear locker made. A lift would be good too , but you just cant beat the traction of a locker. IMO

yeah man, I totally agree with going for the lockers first. Lift don't mean squat, if ya can't get traction. lockers first , winch second, lift third.

You see what happens when you ask a generic question. One person likes lockers, another led lights in his dash. I think you need to be more specific.

You see what happens when you ask a generic question. One person likes lockers, another led lights in his dash. I think you need to be more specific.

I was hoping to get a range of replies. I have never seen dash LED lights - they sound pretty cool.

I agree with the guy who said it depends on what you do with your Jeep. If you're a hardcore off-roader then for me it would be a combo of the right gearing, good tires, a locker(s) and a lift. To me, the gearing is super important. Everything else combined won't work that well if you have the wrong gears, say 3.55 instead of 4.10. You just don't have the power you can have with the right gears. Since I don't do serious wheeling anymore because of my back, I'll go with the blue tooth technology. Calling & talking on the phone without taking your eyes off the road is great, including the ability of calling 911.

lift allows clearance... good tires are what give you traction, lockers only MAINTAIN traction. but the winch first since you don't need traction when you have a pull string:grin:

Solid grab handles bolted to the windshield frame and roll cage.

I was hoping to get a range of replies. I have never seen dash LED lights - they sound pretty cool.
Look up LED dash light online. All you have to do is replace your old dash bulbs with the LED bulbs. Bought a 20 pack for about $10. Cheap & easy. I went with the blue bulbs, they come in different colors.

Back