2001 xj

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
Just a few pic at the moment. This a 6.5 long arm from Iron rock. No welding just drill and tap a few holes. First for most I Hate XJ's and their #! $!#*& lifts. Will post more later.

ForumRunner_20160102_160533.png

ForumRunner_20160102_160611.png

I as well as others don't know what a long arm is. Could you elaborate a little and tell us what it is ,and the part of the pic that is the part of concern. I'm still ignorant about a lot of things. Thanks!

Happy New Year

ForumRunner_20160102_183453.png

ForumRunner_20160102_183424.png

As you can see in these pictures the lower control are is now attached at the transmission cross member with the old attachment point just where the sub-frame starts its radius bend upwards. This what ment when you say long arm. Since you move the lower control arm connection point further back the amount of travel the arm makes at a bump is reduced since the radius is bigger because the attachment point is further back. This kit is a tri-link kit that attaches the upper control arm to the lower.

Gee wiz , I never had you figured as an XJ guy. But I respect you turning a grocery getter into a formidable off roader . That'll fix any chance of high centering. Long live the Cherokee !

I'm jealous. That's a nice looking truck.

Back