what is this???

ScubaDude

I was at the mall yesterday and found this in an advertisement on the wall. Looks like a CJ to me going off the grille but the whole body is new to me. I NEED one.

ForumRunner_20160131_105738.png

It's definately got some CJ parts . It's clearly modified from what body and chassis it was built on . Wondering if a cj6 was torn down and a body something like a Toyota Land Cruiser or something was added . The windshield , which appears to be from a CJ , dosen't have the hinges but may very well be grafted to the cowl for the addition of a solid roof line. If we could just figure what body had the opera glass in the rear , we got it figured . Sure is interesting and you know there was a lot of work into this build.

Last edited:

A second look at this vehicle has caught my eye that I didn't see before. The slat grille is minus the directionals ( most likely filled in) and the grille is tastefully tilted like a JK. It blends well with the front tips of the fenders and is kind of stylish . As rugged as it appears , it was tastefully built.

Im not sure the grille is tilted, remember i took this picture from the ground and the poster was quite a bit higher then me so the phone was angles upwards. good point about the signals for sure. I didn't notice that.

It also has some heavy duty axles under it. I'm thinking it was made for a country across the big pond. What was the add for?

That's a woman in the pic. She does have a nice smile.

X2 on the smile :shades: I dig chicks who drive 4x4's ! Did I ever tell you about the time I was driving home and I saw a tall blonde step out of an F150 4x4 with a six inch lift who looked like she just stepped out of a swimming pool , dried off and got into the truck to stop at a store ? I was frozen with love . I didn't even hear the horn blowing behind me . She just smiled . Got to love a girl who can handle a top loader four speed . She wore a yellow bikini and......

Maybe the commander but with a hardtop and a CJ grille?

Jeep made some different models for other parts of the world....many were made under contract in the countries they were sold in. That's my bet.
Looks like a CJ front clip,but the rest is mighty Toyota looking...also it looks like it's a right hand drive.

Confirmed it is RHD which definately makes it a foreign manufacture . I'm trashing my thoughts of a cj6 mod and going with a possible Toyota design. I even checked Nissan patrol but not even close to Toyota which this vehicle closely resembles. I'd say somewhere in its history it was the creation of some backyard engineering to repair an off-road mishap and was reworked with CJ parts . But I'm just surmising. Foreign contracts of the CJ didn't look outlandishly off from the original build that I've ever seen. The terrain in the background looks to be Himalayan or similar region . It's got meaty axles like toyotas are famous for but I cannot find that body style with that rear glass I call an opera glass . I think this is going to take an email to the advertising department of the company advertising its backpacks. Can you handle it ScubaDude ? The suspense is eating us up ! It sure would blow the doors off any soccer mom van !

Back