hard left, full throttle.

Gennybro

Curious on opinions. If I did that, would it keeping going till the rear tires popped. Would it tip over in the process of doing such a thing? Then after the rear tires popped ' put the little biscuit into 4 hi,or 4 lo ,"which ever works after ya just done introduced it to devils path.
94 yj 6cyl stock , 3.07 highway gears. How far do you predict that jeep could possibly travel be fore it died.

Might just do it and burn the biscut. It rains and the darn thing does not whistle. But anouther one shows up. Huh I'll show it on you tube if I do it, Pi$$ed off.

Fried biscuit, yesssss that is the name of my current babydoll. Takeing the top off, I hear any crap. We is gonna be burning rubber when snow flies.

You mean like this?

You drinking? Having trouble following you.

Whistle is likely an intake leak either at the TB or at the head. While idling spray carb cleaner or wd40 around and listen for the rpm to change.

Yupper was downing a few beers. IT's not mechanical cause I hear it sometimes when the wind is blowing and the jeep is not running. Well be taken the top off soon so to heck with the whistle. It's just wierd.

That is what happens when you remove the rear swaybar on a TJ. You have no worries being square.
Are you trying to confuse the handicapped ? lol. The darn whistle has me baffled and irritated, add a few beers and yes I am haveing thoughts of running the damn thing till it dont run no more just to see how much hell I can put it through before it dies.
Not the brightest idea , but when I'm Pi$$ed, huh, I get hatefull and need to stand back and regroup.

When i put the top back on this fall and that damn whistle is still there, this unit is getting sold and out of my life.

Just a suggestion since I don't remember if it was ever mentioned with regards to this whistling problem on your YJ . Has the weather stripping between the windshield frame and cowl been checked ? I say this because if air has been getting in between the frame and cowl , it may be causing a ram air effect into the defroster duct work. I seem to remember JPNin PA posting something to this effect .
P.S. - your YJ is too nice a jeep to part with , hope you get to the bottom of this irking problem.

You mean like this?

You drinking? Having trouble following you.

Whistle is likely an intake leak either at the TB or at the head. While idling spray carb cleaner or wd40 around and listen for the rpm to change.

Some times I'm thick headed and have a hearing problem. But If I still hear the noise occasionally when the jeep is not running and the wind is blowing at about 25 mph. It cannt be what you suggest.
Thanks for your input, but I dont see as to how that can be the source of the problem. This jeep runs great, no problem but the darn whistle. Been totally inspecting the jeep, underneath topside,inspecting every nook and cranny. Been sticking toilet paper in every possible place that could make a whistle that i could see.
So, If i ever post a pic of the jeep and ya'll see toilet paper where there should not be toilet paper , that's the reason.

The only other thing that comes to mind at the moment is the air duct itself. Having had to remove it from my '73 CJ to remove the upper tunnel access cover to do a clutch job a few weeks ago now has me thinking of any entrance points that air can infiltrate . Let's see , the fresh air port on the cowl , maybe but wondering if all the nuts on the studs that hold the duct onto the firewall are tight and sealed proper. Wonder was a heater core ever done to this YJ . That would necessitate removal of the duct . If a core replacement was ever done , maybe that could have contributed to this problem . Just trying to imagine the points where air can get in , even with the engine off and jeep parked as you've mentioned.

. I seem to remember JPNin PA posting something to this effect . P.S. - your YJ is too nice a jeep to part with , hope you get to the bottom of this irking problem.

yep

From Whistling jeep thread
The leading cause .....,Outside the jeep the top sealing to the windshield gasket, or do you have cowl scoop?
It may be your blend door isn't sealing. Outside air is constantly blowing in. Windshield gasket

I had checked on the blend door, well check again. It comes from that area, right above the hump underneath the dash correct? Or, am I looking in the wrong spot?
Oh yeah, whistle detector,lol.

Attachments

• may flowers 001.jpg
    may flowers 001.jpg
    897.9 KB · Views: 23
YES ! My head was wrapped in duct tape to hold the funnel to my ear. Thank god I didn't get stoped like that. Imagine the authorities would have some serious questions.

Like, what is wrong with you. Only in a jeep .

YES ! My head was wrapped in duct tape to hold the funnel to my ear. Thank god I didn't get stoped like that. Imagine the authorities would have some serious questions.

Like, what is wrong with you. Only in a jeep .

I think the first question the officer would ask is "You bin drinkin'??

I had checked on the blend door, well check again. It comes from that area, right above the hump underneath the dash correct? Or, am I looking in the wrong spot? Oh yeah, whistle detector,lol.

Yes That's the spot.

Damn Gennybro

Duct tape?..really? Couldn't get a friend to help you out? Cameron and Christina?

Do you have one of these? If so that may be forcing more air down then normal. Or you could just have a leaky/broken blind door.
71xNM2b2Bg2BL_SL1500_-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back