newbie freedom panel question

randomjeeper

The weather was beautiful and I took off my freedom panels and paid attention to most of the latches, so I could put them back on after the weekend was over. In putting them back on, the window latch on the drivers side barely touches the metal loop on the back of the windshield. It seems that instead of latching onto it, it's pressing up against it, rather than hooking under it. I put the passenger side in first and reseated both of them numerous times and I can't seem to fix this. Anyone?

I've attached a few pictures for what it's worth
IMG_8747.jpg
IMG_0584.jpg
Thanks in advance for the help :).

I looked online and saw this, around the 1 minute mark. I don't think it's going to tell you anything you don't already know though.

Yeah mine is the same way as well as my girlfriends. That is one thing I'm not entirely a fan of. The soft top fully hooks but the hard tops clips just barely touch it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I ended up making a few trips to the dealer for this and by the time of the last trip, the freedom panel latch could barely reach the metal loop - it was basically pushing up against it instead of latching. Dealer ended up ordering me a new panel which has solved the problem.

Back