Is this hardtop a good deal?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I've been casually looking for a hardtop for some time, and i've come across this one:

Jeep TJ Hard Top

What do you guys think. Is it a good deal for $500? Normal price around here seems to be $700-800 for a TJ top.

00404_luEw6hfG1AU_1200x900.jpg

*update
It looks like the rear window is a plexiglass replacement.

Last edited:

It's hard to tell but it's looking kinda rough and $500 seems like a lot of money for a 20 year old top in that condition.

I've been looking for a while, and not too many come along. I'll probably pass on this one, just because it's over an hour from my house.

There's another TJ hardtop on craigslist near me for $1200 :shock:

I've been looking for a while, and not too many come along. I'll probably pass on this one, just because it's over an hour from my house.

Cold hard cash will probably buy that Craigslist top for $400.

I passed on this top. I'd pay $500 for an ugly top, but not for one with a missing / plexiglass rear window.

Dang, that seems a bit on the high side. I sold my TJ top for $800 and it was only maybe a year old at the time. That was the going rate for fairly new tops back then.

If you want to drive up to NY I know someone who'd sell one in better shape the that for $250-300. I bought my hard top that is in beautiful shape for $260 then he gave the cash back when I traded him my smashed up grand Cherokee for full doors, fiberglass windshield, bushwhacker flares, and a locking center console

Back