Stolen Jeep

Alaskan_Jeeper

Well sorry I haven't been around in a while, I had my jeep stolen last week and it just got recovered. the good news it my insurance is covering it and the bad news is it's a total. :-x :-x :-x it seam a couple of young men on a darn took it. And of course had to have some fun, so they just trashed it. I am waiting for the insurance adjuster to get me the pictures and I'll see about posting them. She put up a good fight though. After attemping to destroy her offroad, they drove her over 250 miles, and stripped her to nothing. thats the bad news......

the good news is... I'm going to buy a new one and this time it's going to be blue or green or any other color then gold......And yes I'm going to build it up to replace the other one. My wife is letting me use her Cherokee in the mean time and said she would like to help me with the new one. She has even offered to take the pics for me to post. So this time I will have picture to share with you all.

I am going to Anchorage this week to look at new X's I will let the group know as soon as I get the new one home, and with any luck it will be this week.

Take care all and I'll be in touch....[addsig]

That sucks,but atleast your getting a new jeep. :wink: Sully

edited by: Sully, May 12, 2003 - 01:15 AM[addsig]

Where are you from in Alaska? and if your goind to look at new jeeps look at the sports they come with the better axles, than the X. Sorry about yours getting theifed that sucks dude :-( [addsig]

man that fn sucks, if they catch the chit heads who did that, string em up for us!!
i would do like jeper89 said and get the sport w/ the d44, or go all out and get a Rubi[addsig]

sorry to hear (well actually read) about the jeep. i hope everything turns out well.[addsig]

Bummer, man. I know what is like to have a vehicle stolen. No way around it, it sucks. But I hope your happy with some new wheels.
Wride.[addsig]

Not a cool thing to have happen to you sorry for your loss. There is just not to many places to hide one in your town there. So 250 miles would put you where? Good luck in your search for a new ride. Get the short wheel base Jeep loaded to the giles with all the goodies and have a ball. Find the turkeys that took the old ride and thank them in the end! Tug[addsig]

...or run them over with your new jeep hahaha![addsig]

thanks for all the tips on how to handle the kids that took my jeep. but they were both just kids and both had been drinking. Not that it's ok, it's just that after all if you can't forgive then you can't be forgiven...

So anyways thanks again for the ideas on which model to go for, but I'm really sold on the X and building my own version or a Rubicon.. I have my eye on a blue one and it's perrty much the same as the gold one was but I think I'm going to have them get the tires and put the tow hooks on from the get go. I'll keep you informed as i go. thanks again to all of you..

And as for where I live, I live in Valdez, Ak, but the jeep was taken in Anchorage. Iwas there on business, and it got taken from the hotel parking lot. they drove it all the way to Glennallen. Thats were it was stripped. The kids say they didn't strip it they just left it there. It really doesn't matter, just a bummer thats all. And those kids will be stuck with this for a long time. One of the parents is willing to help me with the fix ups to make up for there kids actions. So in the end, maybe some good has come from this. you know God works in many ways, But I never knew he was into jeeps.... OllllllO[addsig]

sorry to hear about your episode, but it sounds like there is a bright side :-D [addsig]

Sorry to hear about your recent troubles, I guess now would be a good time to have some of those Alaskan amber ales you were talking about and plan the future mods for the new wheels.

Johnny[addsig]

Back