The Oldest Jeep You have ever owned

98Chero

The Oldest jeep I have ever owned was a 1961 Wagoneer with the single pain glass panel in the back. My Dad bought it new and it ended up in my older brothers hands. When my brother sold it to me it had a 350 chevy engine in it and tilt steering well plus it was running on propane gas.. ya my Dad converted gas engines over to propane. anyway thats the oldest Jeep I have owned. Whats your oldest Jeep ?

69 cj5. all my other cj's were from the late 70's except one 82.

My first Jeep was a 1959 CJ5 with the Hurricane 4 banger that just would not die! It was 9 years old when I bought it with its snowplow for $600 from a gas station owner in Cleveland, OH. And made that back and more the first winter. That was my high school winter job... It fit nicely with a sports schedule! Boy, I sure wish I still had it, but after about 3 years it give in to the rust. Pieced it out and put the money down on a brand new 1969 CJ5. Ultimately, I've had 3 CJ5's, a 1995 Grand Cherokee Ltd, and currently a 1986 CJ7. And, I've loved them all!

Sent from my XT1650 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Bought a 1958 CJ5 in the early 2000s...used it as a daily driver for about 3 years, put a snow plow on it & plowed drives for friends & family. It had an odd fire V6 from a "66 or "67 & parts from various & sundry other years but the title said 1958. That thing would start in any weather every time.

Attachments

• 1-22-2007-02[1].jpg
    1-22-2007-02[1].jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 491
I ended up trading that Wagoneer for a small mazda pick-up with a rotary engine in it in Reno NV. Im sure that car lot owner was very happy !

Wagoneers weren't sold until 1963. I have a '61 Willys wagon and it's the oldest Jeep I've owned. Used to have a '62 wagon for years.

I've owned a 1980 CJ5 as well as a 1980 Grand Wagoneer.

That CJ5 was a rolling death trap by the time I got it. 3 inch body lift and rust for days...

1997 wrangler was a great jeep until it got cancer. Body and frame. Sold it to guy with a garage he was gonna weld everything up and make it to an off road Jeep only.

Sent from my VS880 using Jeepz.com mobile app

sweet! my dad used to tell me about a willys wagon he had s his first car, I don't remember the year. He got it for free then paid $25 for an engine. It was long gone by the time I appeared (I'm 52). I wish I could've seen it

A 1973 jeep cj5 . It's currently a project / restoration still awaiting a start date due to funds and time . Hoping for both of those to fall in place soon .

Back