I need a Jeep

southtj

This summer it will be two years without a Jeep and I'm having withdrawals. :cry:

We are taking a two week trip out west in July and I think we'll be selling the camper after that so I will no longer need a big ass F150. I should be working but I've been looking at the Jeep site and playing with the build and price. I'm not sure if I'll like the new model coming out later this year so I think I could get a good deal on a 17. My first Jeep was a brown Sahara TJ and I loved it. I'm not buying it to do a lot of off roading but there will be the occasional trip to the off road park. Maybe. That said I like the looks of the Willys Wheeler package and the Sahara both but I think the Willys package looks "tougher". But I do like that the Sahara in brown looks so much like my old TJ and brings back good memories. I've also got it narrowed down to two colors. Gobi (brown, same as my old TJ) and Rhino (dark blue). Price wise they are pretty similar when I build them out with the options I want. What do y'all think?

Brown Sahara
sahara gobi.jpg
Brown Willys
willys gobi.jpg
Rhino Sahara
sahara rhino.jpg
Rhino Willys
willys rhino.jpg

My old TJ (gone but not forgotten :D)
IMG_0556.JPG

My wife has 2016 Willy wheeler JKU. Personally I think it's the best package for the price as long as you don't want the fancy frilly stuff. Willy package does not offer touch screen radio or electric start and some other thing like that where you can get them in the Sahara. Willy package does come with rubi tires and suspension. It also has a slip diff for the rear and hill decent "slow cruise control " the Willy stock compared to Sahara stock the Willy will out perform off road but I'm road for luxury and comfort the Sahara wins hands down.

Jeep! not just a vehicle a way of life.

My wife has 2016 Willy wheeler JKU. Personally I think it's the best package for the price as long as you don't want the fancy frilly stuff. Willy package does not offer touch screen radio or electric start and some other thing like that where you can get them in the Sahara.

But you can add the touch screen radio on as an option. Electric start not an option on manual transmissions but you can add just about everything else except heated seats which would be nice on chilly days with the top off.

I too am a big fan of the Willy's package.
Wow, really nice TJ you had.

Thanks!

My daughter is pushing me away from the brown like I used to have and towards the rhino willys. She said I need to branch out and get something different. She's 14 and about to start learning to drive so I think she is just choosing the one she will want to drive. :lol:

I'm not usually a fan of black wheels, but I do like the look of the Rhino Willys.

I'd think you could get a really good deal on a 17, especially after they take the wraps off the new model.

Terry, I haven't seen any deals here in Richmond yet... who's idea was that God awful purple one???? :roll: I've been looking for the Mango Tango one used but every time one pops up it's gone that quick... Let me know if you see one in VABeach!

I'm not usually a fan of black wheels, but I do like the look of the Rhino Willys.

I'd think you could get a really good deal on a 17, especially after they take the wraps off the new model.
Deals on a Jeep. Every time I try and talk to some one about deals they say no! People will pay full price it's a Jeep..lol

I did manage to get them to drop $600 off of the JKU of you call that a deal..lol

So, is it still a thing where people skip the first year of each new model while they work out the bugs, or are things normally pretty good from the get go these days?

So, is it still a thing where people skip the first year of each new model while they work out the bugs, or are things normally pretty good from the get go these days?
Well I bought a 2015 renegade in May of 2015. In the first 2000 miles it was back at the garage 6 times for different reasons then at 4000 miles the transmission exploded. I ended having FCA take it back under lemon law which took calling a lawyer and almost a year of time.

So for me I will be skipping the first year or two of a new model.

Back