Liberty

uscoastie

I was wondering what you jeepers thought of it. My wife and I are considering buying one and need some info about it. Thanks in advance.

Michael
[addsig]

I think they look cool but they sure aren't wranglers. Liberties have idependent front suspension. It's a soccer mom grocery getter but I still wave to them.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

well do you want an off-road vehicle or just a sporty little "suv" to get around town. The liberty definetely stands out but I can hardly see it as practical for any type of off-road use. The new liberty renegade is a joke in my opinion, but hey....it's all a matter of functionality and what your purposes are.[addsig]

My wife and I tried one last june and weren't all that impressed with them. We ended up going with a Cherokee sport that was fully loaded and got it off the lot way cheaper than a Liberty. I'm am around 6'2" and she is 5'8", and I can tell you the Liberty is not for tall people. If you are interested in going off road, you may want to consider the new wrangler Rubicon (I think I spelled it right). Get the hard top and prepare to be empressed!

Peterson's did an article on it and did everything but pratically drive over to the disigner and kiss him on the mouth they loved it so much.[addsig]

Jeep made a huge mistake in replacing the XJ with the Liberty. Please do yourself a favor and get one of the last XJ's, 2001, or slightly older. You will be way happier... The Liberty is just a Chrysler marketing ploy trying to get in on the RAV-4 / CR-V market that Toyota, Honda and all those other eastern countries have dominated. The Cherokee (XJ) is better looking and is more rugged. I guess if you are only going to be on pavement, then I'd have to say, at least it has a Jeep label on it.

But unlike Jaboobie's comment, I will not be waving to you. Sorry.[addsig]

I just got rid of my '95 Wrangler- hated to do it, but needed more power and WOULD NEVER consider getting one of the new Wranglers- Those aren't Jeeps!! The Wranglers were made to be roughed up and ugly- not full of airbags, etc.!! But needless to say.... I bought a Liberty Sport in it's place, as well as have a '78 CJ-7, and my Liberty handles JUST as well as my Wrangler did!! Driving in the Chicago winters- the Liberty WAY OUT handled the Wrangler... as far as the dirt and mud- Liberty surprised me yet again!![addsig]

I think that the new Liberty is exactly that "NEW". Like all new designs it has to prove its-self over time. As Jeep owners we are all skeptic to new models.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back