France will ban the sale of all petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
France plans to ban all petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040, the country's new environment minister has announced.

Mr Hulot said he recognised the target would put pressure on France's car manufacturers, but he said they currently had projects which "can fulfil that promise".

As part of the plan, poorer households will receive a premium so they can swap their polluting vehicles for clean alternatives.

The announcement comes after Volvo said on Wednesday it planned to built only electric and hybrid vehicles from 2019.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/france-petrol-diesel-ban-vehicles-cars-2040-a7826831.html

So what do you guys think? Sounds like the writing is on the wall for the internal combustion engine.

It is about time we as a human race look at renewable power in all aspects of use. We've been fat, dumb and happy far too long relying on natural resources.

Refuelingdocbrowntrashbacktothefuturetan-1.jpg

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

It is about time we as a human race look at renewable power in all aspects of use. We've been fat, dumb and happy far too long relying on natural resources.

Refuelingdocbrowntrashbacktothefuturetan-1.jpg

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app
I wholeheartedly agree with you JPNinPA. I'm disgusted with the lack of leadership in this great country of ours.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

We can all see the emergence of elec vehicles, some issues to overcome - The American leadership in this field will solve the issues. I see battery cost, recharge time, then mas production will get the cost down

BUT infrastructure? can we power all those charging requirements?

The date would not mark the end of the old just the beginning of he new. I hope There will always a few Harleys and jeeps puttering somewhere.

Where will all those clean environmentally friendly batteries go after they've served their life expectancy ? In a nuclear waste silo somewhere ? And how will all those vehicles get charged up to run ? By a coal burning power plant ? Another type of fossil fuel burning power plant ? Say it's gonna take one Hell of a lot of solar panels or wind turbines to take on that task and they'll need a battery bank for that system also . More environmentally friendly batteries .
I think these folks got a lobotomy somewhere along the line as this pipe dream needs a bit more forethought .

Back