i have a 2006 wrangler 2 door unlimited.

I am afraid to say yes SO tell us what you are thinking..

year to year and engine differences as well as electronics will put a *caveat in the answer... do not go to junk yard for a brake part
do not swap sensors, one size does not fit all, What are you looking for?

lookin to replace brake pads and rotors.rock auto does not list the unlimited 2 door model just unlimited rubicon and wrangler which i dont have. so i was curious if the same parts that fit wrangler would fit my jeep.

Last edited:
got me confused 06 unlimited is a 2door my mind set is 4door....

search for part number on line, or call rock and let them suggest part numbers so a mistake will not cost you...

I strongly suggest a local parts supplier to eliminate this wait and chance selection BS.

Your having to pick part numbers - you may own it fit or not ......

Attached OEM info

Attachments

• Vin legand.JPG
    Vin legand.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 172
  • JeepPartsList2006TJbrake2.pdf
    102.9 KB · Views: 101
I recommend rock auto, NAPA or Brake Performance. Definitely not a box retailer.
The 04-06 unlimited is more like the 04-06 unlimited rubicon. The big difference is front axel and springs for the most part.

The 04-06 unlimited and unlimited rubicon are disc brakes all the way around. The parking brake is inside the rear disk brakes.

I just put on new brakes on my 05 unlimited this weekend. I purchased them from Brake Performance. They are lifetime guaranteed. My last set I had on there for 10yrs with no issue other than the parking brake.
Here is what I purchased. It was a bundled package with hardware for ~331 front and rear with ceramic pads. I recommend checking the parking brake and clean and lube the partaking brake lever. Check my post about emergency brake to get an idea of what part I'm talking about.
http://brakeperformance.com/brake-r...&-slotted-brake-rotors-black-zinc-coating.php

Be leery the cheaper brakes and rotors do not carry a guarantee.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
Back