CJ7 Passenger seat...

Abby01

Ok, so we got the Jeep..and now it's time for fix-ups-n-such...I need any suggestions on replacing the passenger seat frame in the CJ--right now it's stuck in 1 position (luckily, I'm short) and I want it to slide (because I'm girlie like that)--I know they sell the frames and stuff, but I wanted some advise or suggestions before hubby and I dive in... :-D [addsig]

whatever ya do , don't buy one from j.c. whitney. i just got my new catalog and they want $ 174.95 EACH!!!! can ya belive it !?!? unbeliveable that they want that much but i'm looking right at the price. talk about robbery.[addsig]

know what's even better ? they want $99.95 for the sliders !!! that's not included in the $174 for the seat riser !!!![addsig]

I would take the dang thing out and see what is up with the stuck problem befor i went and spent the money for a new one. May be a tap with a hammer and a shot of WD 40 will do the trick, You never know just un bolt that puppy and give it a look see. My 2 cwents any way. Tug[addsig]

I don't think it's supposed to slide--I think it's stationary from the factory. And I want it to move...dang it!!! :-x [addsig]

So we are just being all picky and stuff, :-D or is this a trick question. hehehehe Check out the local junk yards, and if that dont work you could always still one from your neighbors jeep, Just kidding! Bad taste sorry! So it looks like you may just be going to spend the money. Tug[addsig]

if the hubby and you are the same height i say find the spot that works and weld that bad boy up !! honestly though , i don't see how anyone can justify spending that kind of money. [addsig]

Oh no, Hubby's 6-4, and I'm 5-3--HIS seat slides. Can we take on from the drivers seat of another Jeep? Will it work?[addsig]

If you are to short just get some disco stacks shoes hehehehe Do not see why you could not make it work useing a drivers side slidder rail. tug :-D :-D :-D

edited by: Tug-n-pull, May 13, 2003 - 07:31 PM[addsig]

Back