What's it worth?

mhw863

Hey y'all. My dad enlisted me to sell his jeep wrangler TJ sport. I think it's priced too high but was going to see what y'all thought. So here is everything installed on it. And some pictures. How much would you pay? He was asking 18k but recently lowered the price to 17.2k.

2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Engine: Chevrolet Ram Jet 350
Transmission: Automatic
700 R4 transmission w/ Lokar shifter
Slip yolk eliminator kit
Dana 30 front upgraded joints and detroit locker
Dana 44 rear w/ detroit locker
3:73 gear ratio
Currie front end components
4" ProComp lift with 1" body lift
35x12.5x15 BFGs on the jeep
36x13.5x15 Iroks
Warn HS 9500i winch
Warn front bumper
Smitty built rear bumper w/ tire carrier
Teraflex rock rails
Leather seats
Carpet flooring
Needs AC repair

https://jpegbay.com/gallery/006400282-.html#1

Attachments

• IMG_2100.JPG
    IMG_2100.JPG
    823.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2107.JPG
    IMG_2107.JPG
    824 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2111.JPG
    IMG_2111.JPG
    937.2 KB · Views: 32

looks like an ad for an overpriced POS.

Not my cup of tea for that kind of money. I wanna get the beast nasty , to hell with the paint job.

Whats sad is your dad has that much invested in that jeep. with all the add-ons etc... I would go the Kelly Blue Books dot com and enter the info like how many miles it has on it. select what it came out with from factory and from your pics put in Good Condition. See what the blue book value is and go from their. When you modify a Jeep it great for the owner at the time but it really kills the resale value in the end. For example if I needed a starter motor for that Jeep and asked the parts guys for starter motor for a 2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport thats where the hassle begins with an altered Jeep. On the positive side if you find someone that knows how much money your dad spent on it and is willing to pay that price then.. :party:

2001 TJ with a 6 cylinder in my area goes for around 8k to 10k. I understand you have lots of upgraded stuff but you don't really get your money back on that.so maybe a little higher than 10k but I think 17k is way to high.

On a second note he did all these upgrades but left the weak link Dana 30 in the front.. grr..lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Jeepz.com mobile app

That's always the tough part about aftermarket parts. I think 17k is too high, but seller's tip that I've always heard is you want to put an ad out for 25% more than you actually think it's worth. That way there's room for negotiation from the buyer, while still getting the price you want out of the car.

I think you will have trouble moving it at $9K. You might want to start at $8500 obo and be prepared to take cash if over $7K...you mighy need to dip into the $6K range.

The engine swap, while cool to the swapper, will be a pain for future owners.

Back