Photograph of the new JL

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this on reddit and figured I'd post it here. What do you guys think - is this the real thing? Looks like it to me.

sdvve3iwhwfz.jpg

I been seeing it all day. Not sure what to think about it need better pics. Looks like no more windshield fold down and non removable doors. Fender vents are useless just a way more mud will clog and get stuck. What's up with the car tires also. All Jeeps should come with aggressive off road tires.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Jeepz.com mobile app

I been seeing it all day. Not sure what to think about it need better pics. Looks like no more windshield fold down and non removable doors. Fender vents are useless just a way more mud will clog and get stuck. What's up with the car tires also. All Jeeps should come with aggressive off road tires.

I've liked everything I've seen so far concerning this new Jeep. Granted, I haven't seen it all together but I like what I'm hearing. My understanding is the windshield will still fold down. In fact, from the pictures it looks hinged even lower than previous jeeps. The difference from what I'm hearing is that the A pillar will not fold down but remain in place so only the windshield folds down. I think the vents are venting from the engine bay and not the wheel well to vent the higher temps of the turbo engine. This is a pre-production vehicle so you they could be throwing any tires they had handy on it so let's not judge this as exactly what we'll see once production begins. The base models currently don't come with off road tires but A/Ts.

I think I'm going to be a jeep owner again soon! :shades:

Is that driving past a mall?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

You're not right. :D

The more i look at it the more the front lines reminds me of the TJ. My problem is that the two door will only be offered in the Rubicon or Sport model and nothing in between. I'm not a 4 door kinda guy and not sure I need a Rubicon but want more options that the Sport will probably offer. I'm going by the options available on the 17s so maybe they'll offer more on the JL Sport.

I've liked everything I've seen so far concerning this new Jeep. Granted, I haven't seen it all together but I like what I'm hearing. My understanding is the windshield will still fold down. In fact, from the pictures it looks hinged even lower than previous jeeps. The difference from what I'm hearing is that the A pillar will not fold down but remain in place so only the windshield folds down. I think the vents are venting from the engine bay and not the wheel well to vent the higher temps of the turbo engine. This is a pre-production vehicle so you they could be throwing any tires they had handy on it so let's not judge this as exactly what we'll see once production begins. The base models currently don't come with off road tires but A/Ts.

I think I'm going to be a jeep owner again soon! :shades:
As far as the tires it depends on the model. The Rubicon,Willy's, and few others did come with 17" BFG KM tires. Personally I think all Jeeps should come with those tires and wish BFG made them in more sizes again. That tire has not let my wife down yet who is in emergency response and has got her Jeep to few sites the other people couldn't make it to.

As far as the tires it depends on the model. The Rubicon,Willy's, and few others did come with 17" BFG KM tires. Personally I think all Jeeps should come with those tires and wish BFG made them in more sizes again. That tire has not let my wife down yet who is in emergency response and has got her Jeep to few sites the other people couldn't make it to.

When I said base models I meant the X, sport and come to think of it even the Sahara's come with just street tires. The higher end models like Rubicon and some other special trim packages do come with very good tires suitable for off road.

I do disagree with you about all jeeps coming with mud/off road tires. The sad reality is that most jeeps, especially four doors, don't go off road and only need street tires. There are only a small percentage of people like us that actually need more aggressive tires and do go off road. And that's okay too. All those street jeeps keep the production line going.

I don't disagree with the production side of it. That is one reason I won't put down the Renagade. I still like the look of the agressive tire. My wife JKU doesn't go off road but those KM tires also do a hell of job in snow.

Back