Anyone here going to watch the eclipse?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not quite in the band to see the full eclipse (southeastern Virginia), but I should still be able to see something. I'll be going to the local library - they will have astronomers and activities for the kids.

Anyone else doing something fun for the eclipse?

This is pretty useful for checking out the time

state_capitals_map.png

Dayton Ohio peak via pinhole projector. It's thinner and clearer in reality than the pic shows.
ec0f73c6ba6ba67b7887adfe01d51593-1.jpg

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:
In Memphis it got to where there was just a very slight sliver of the sun. I got to see it pretty well when the clouds cooperated. Glad I got to see it.

We were fortunate to be in the path of totality here in Southern Illinois. Will be in totality again in 7 years.

The influx of people was crazy.

Saw it in Idaho. Wasn't sure I wanted to go, but we went and am glad I did. It was spectacular. Temp dropped about 20 degrees or so. Darkness was different than a sunset, more like looking through dark glasses. Halo around the sun at full eclipse was fantastic. Then quick lightening and temperature increase. Well worth the trip. Lots of traffic headed home afterwards, but I took about 50 miles of gravel road and avoided the interstate. Good times.

Back