Driving habits

Today is a holiday Columbus Day. Schools are out but teachers are in session and are at school. When you pass the school today, the school zone 20mph sign is flashing at its normal time.
Driving Habit:
Do you drive the normal speed limit when the sign is not flashing because there no school? Or, do you drive through the school zone at 20mph because the sign is flashing?

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Well today I drove past at 20mpg and had a pickup truck tailgating me and the driver waving his hands for the first 0.1 mi. It was maybe 0.3 mi long stretch of school zone.

I just chalk it up poor driving habits. Actually if he complained I was going to offer that he could pay my tickets or fines. :)

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Folks useing cell phones driveing like they are drunk or going way to slow. Then the morons that dont use there turn signals. Stoped behind this pickup at a stop sign one day, no turn signal, traffic stoped comeing, and he just sit there. like wtf. He was on his cell phone, like shut up and drive, I'm totally against the use of phones while driveing.

Last edited:
Gennybro I have to agree with the two.
Cell phones -wait for someone to finish their txt while the 5 sec turn arrow burns the retinas of me and everyone behind me.

Turn signals- Here in Dayton area it is turn, brake, signal. Yes 180 deg out of order.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:

when I lived in Finland and in Indiana during Uni I would always drive 2-3 car lengths apart, stop at all stop signs, let people in, use my turn signal, never honk, and always wave. Now days I always am running on the 680 running 85 in the jeep or 90 in the mustang, I am usually bumper to bumper on the interstate or 1/2 to one car length on the city streets, I now do the California stop where ever I am, I honk hourly, I flash my lights at dummies changing 5 lanes at a time, no longer use my signals due to people speeding up and blocking me, I dont let people cut me off or merge at the last minute, I take corners like my TJ is a race car, I no longer worry about speed bumps, and the hazard lane is used when some A-hole is going 45 in a 65. I am still nice, but californians and the CHP are ruthless and most people dont pay attention so I have to drive like everyone else is drunk.

People in the Midwest and Finland hate me when we go back :driving:.

If this has been mentioned already sorry, but I have to say this. I can’t stand people who text and drive. I was only my way to work when a car in the left lane was swerving and almost ran into a semi. I was behind him and maintained my distance, but when I got past him I noticed he was on his phone texting not looking at the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I dont plan on coming to the east coast, I can barely handle the pretentious overly entitles pricks here, I for sure couldn't handle the just because ones :lol: , Plus I HATE traffic, id rack up tickets like there is no tomorrow.

Back