2018 Jeep Wrangler owner's manual leaked

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
The 2018 Wrangler manual has hit the internet, and it's got some pretty interesting items in it. You can download it here: View attachment 2018E-Wrangler_All_New-UG-1st.pdf.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler.PNG

I've read through it and here are some of the things that stood out to me:

There are a choice of engines - a 2.0L (that requires 91 octane gas), and a 3.6L

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-engine.PNG

Available 5 position transfer case. This adds a setting for ‘4H Auto’, described as sending power to the front wheels when the “vehicle senses a loss of traction”.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-transfer-case.PNG

Pushbutton ignition

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-ignition-button.PNG

New dashboard

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-dash.PNG

Available factory accessory buttons. I really like this idea. There is also a 115 or 230 volt plug listed, appearing to be fit to the center console in the rear.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-switches.PNG

Blind spot detection system.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-blind-spot.PNG

The Uconnect infotainment system has some "offroad pages" that are meant to be accessed while you're offroading.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-offroad-pages.PNG

There is a lot of good information in there and I wasted way too much time reading over it yesterday. I especially like the programmable switches on the dash.

I'm still on the fence on getting a new JL or a JK or maybe even an old TJ with extra money to fix it up how I want. I'm kinda bummed there are only two two-door options for the JL. You can get a Rubicon, which I don't want to spend that much or a Sport which I have no idea what options will be available for it. A JL Sahara would be nice.

Is Jeep selling mostly 4 doors these days? I've heard that it's primarily automatic transmissions, but I guess that's most US cars.

I remember a couple of years ago reading that it was 60-70% 4 door. And, yeah, they are mostly autos. I've been trying to search for used ones and the manuals are very rare.

Back