Painted my door handles

southtj

Over the weekend I decided to paint my door handles and I think they turned out pretty well if I do say so myself. I had looked at replacing them since they are not very expensive but it looked like a lot of work to remove the door panel and do the swap. If my paint job doesn't last long I still may replace them or I may just give them another spray. It really didn't take long. I taped them off, quick wire brushing with a dremel and 4-5 light coats of flat black rust oleum.

Before:
IMG_6151.JPG

During:
IMG_6154.JPG

After:
IMG_6158.JPG

I did all three and recommend doing it yourself if yours are as faded as mine were.

To be honest this looks a lot easier. My old one were much worse than yours were before you painted them and I took them out. The entire process took me hours and hours. It’s incredibly awkward position to replace them. This is the smart thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

To be honest this looks a lot easier. My old one were much worse than yours were before you painted them and I took them out. The entire process took me hours and hours. It’s incredibly awkward position to replace them. This is the smart thing to do.

Thanks, that just confirms what I was thinking after watching a couple of videos about installing new ones.

Back