So what are you guys watching these days?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking to pick up a new show to watch. I've got cable, netflix, and amazon prime, but no pay channels (i.e. HBO). Currently the wife and I are watching Jack Ryan on Amazon - it's not our usual style, but we both like it.

Any recommendations for new shows once our current one is done?

As a side note, anyone here use Plex? I've become a huge fan.

The best show I seen this evening was, my ex girlfriend throw a wine glass at me and storm out. Other then that Ive started watching fear the walking dead,since the black actor started in it., Wasnt to enthused about it till he came to town.

We've been watching quite a bit of BBC shows on Netflix if you like that kinda thing.

Death in Paradise is a witty "solve a murder per episode" kinda show.
Broadchurch has David Tenant as the lead detective in a serious "solve a murder per season" kinda show.
The Crown was pretty good if you like period shows. It's about the rise of queen Elizabeth.
Borderline is a mocumentary type show along the lines of the office but it takes place at an airport.
The Detectorists I really enjoyed. It's a simple, quiet, funny show about two buds who have metal detectors and search the English countryside for treasure.

I've also just got into the Marvel Universe shows and movies. I'm watching them in this order. I really enjoyed Agent Carter and am also liking Agents of SHIELD.

We also like a variety of crime solving shows like White Collar, Longmire, Marchella, Quantico, Person of Interest and Blacklist.

My wife doesn't like the SciFi kinda stuff but I enjoy Continuum, The 100, Lost in Space

The Ranch and Flaked also deserve mention as funny shows.

But, that's just us. Not sure what you're into.

Genny, I'm up on Walking Dead, and have actually re-watched it on netflix twice now. Probably my favorite show. Have you checked out "Fear the Walking Dead"? Morgan has become the main character in that show as well.

South - I've watched most of the Marvel stuff, and it's not bad. Jessica Jones was probably my favorite along those lines. Other than that and the 100, I haven't watched any of the shows on your list. I may try Continuum next. My wife really likes the sci-fi stuff. We just started watching The Innocents on Netflix - not sure if it's any good or not yet.

I'll add Borderline to the list as well - I really liked the office.

Back