Merry Christmas 2018

JPNinPA

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Traditions - what do you do that may or may not be different?

Christmas dinner specialties?

Share your joys of the holiday.

And have a Happy and Joyous Holiday!

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I like real Christmas trees. Every year we go to a farm to find and cut our own.

We use to make cookies as a family but now avoid the sweets.

Christmas Day edit:
It snowed enough to coat the grass for a few hours. We had golumpki, in place of turkey for dinner this year. Some call them cabbage rolls, stuffed cabbage or piggies “pigs in a blanket” It was an easy to prepare-a-day-early type of meal. I think we all had a good Christmas.
Last night we had fish. And I stunk the house up while cooking it. How can you make a cooked fish dish at home without stinking up the place? If you know please share.

Last edited:
We spend time with the family. We are spread out now, so we celebrate with some the Saturday before Christmas, others on Christmas Eve, and we try to be home Christmas day. We have other family coming a few days after. So Christmas for us is a week long. It is further complicated by 8 birthdays between Thanksgiving and New Year's!

We did simplify by going to themed gift giving amonst adults in the family. Participants bring one gift to the exchange. One theme this year was "As Seen on TV".... we've done some fun ones over the years.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas everyone!

We keep it low key and just stay local. The kids are still young (9 and 6), so it's mostly just playing with toys.

This was the first year that we had a Christmas eve happy hour at a friend's house - it was pretty fun.

So waddidja all get fear Christmas?

Got stuff I needed. Clothes. And a round golf at Top Golf. It was fun if you never did it. It is a three tier driving range you play target games at. It's heated and they serve food, drink and spirits.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I got clothes as well, plus some new running shoes.

It's funny you mention top golf, we're going there in a week for my wife's birthday. We've never been, however we drive past there all the time. Same three tier setup you describe. We'll see how the kids like it.

I just drank a whole lot of eggnog, I'll apoligize in the mourn .

We don’t golf either, but we do typically make a very big meal. Like bigger than our thank thanksgiving meal.

We unpack decorations and the kids hang them all. But unlike most houses, we tend to buy the kids big things near the end of the year, and they get them right away, so their actual present opening is smaller every year. This year they got an $800 trampoline so Christmas morning was pretty barren lmao. They got a DNA kit each (we wanted them to have their own + health reports anyway), and some homemade stuff they made for each other.

We don’t really buy each other stuff anymore either, 12 years and we’re both just like ‘we’d rather buy ourselves what we want lol’.

The wife and I also rarely drink, and even more rarely get drunk, but we do drink more often around the winter solstice. Mostly just celebrating a new year, we try new wines and such. I branch out, this year it was various imported sake’s from Japan.

Finally back when I ran creator network online, I made my own graphics and stuff and taught others how until I burnt out, but I still make home pics.
9c9a53d868f2971413cde5d47204e474-1.jpg

We also have a ton of January birthdays in the family; like so many over multiple generations that its honestly like an instinctive genetic mating season lmao! What about you folks? Any birthday heavy months?

What a great photo . Best wishes to you and yours. And everybody else MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Back