Finally ordered the 2019 KL Lift Kit & Rock Sliders.

SgtRandyB

So after finally selling the 2008 MazdaSpeed 3 w/cai&cbe, and a lot of mulling it over, I ordered the MFC 2 inch lift kit and the Rocky Road Outfitters’ newest full diamond covered sliders with side step.

aa1137ab5825515e38fe80ba1dfef199-1.jpg
a55859949cf8a1ccc2917988df2116b2-1.jpg

The images of both equipped look amazing but the added armor and height will let me got the next step of bigger tires, possibly even a pinch weld mod; can’t decide if it’s worth the warranty yet, but not yet for sure.

Finally, I’ll probably add the Gobi ladder now as well, even if I don’t go Gobi rack.
bd034c0a522f6a7a489a2bfaf1a3c060-1.jpg

As for the Gobi rack, 4 months is a long wait for a rack. Not ready to take that step I guess.

Finally, I’m unhappy with everything I’ve seen for mounting a Hi-lift Jack on the KL. I’m considering crafting a mount of my own, and considering I want eventually replace the front bumper, it’ll probably go there for now somewhere since I’m not so worried about marring it a bit.

I do wish we had more KL drivers, this is probably kinda boring for most of the Wrangler drivers, or worse for those who still think Cherokees aren’t real Jeeps lol.

I actually heard that about Cherokees a lot over the last 10 years of driving sports car before ever buying a Jeep. But after buying the turbo Cherokee for road comfort, gas milage, and the 19 turbo actually feeling reasonably close to my Speed’s power once it digs in (270Jeep vs 300 modded Mazda), I’m not unhappy with its Offroad ability.

Maybe it’s not quite a Wrangle, fair enough, but as a stock TH, I’ve already gotten it down into and back up from places that caused folks to wander over surprised and wanting to see it up close. By the kids summer vacation from school, we’re going to be ready to tackle a few Badge of Honor trails for kicks while camping out on the roof for a family off-roading vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Finally ordered the 2019 KL Lift Kit & Rock Sliders.

Do a build page with lots of before and after pics.
Lots of people mounted the high lift between the rear roll bar tubing on TJ, & YJ. Not sure that is still possible.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Pics are definitely needed. Are you planning on mounting a highlift on the inside or the outside? I'm personally not a fan of mounting them outside - they don't seem to hold up for very long. It bothers me to see people with rusted jacks on the hoods / tailgates.

My only concern with interior mounting, is I often have two children strapped into the backseat. Any crashes could cause it to become loose in the cabin to all our great perils.

And while I’m certainly not wealthy, I’d rather deal with the risk of spending $80 on a new jack than the risk of it coming loose in the cabin I think. But i’d only mount it during Offroad trips, it would stay in my garage otherwise.

I played around with mounting it horizontally behind the rear seat, but since I don't really need it most days, I ended up mounting on (above) my front bumper, and only bring it on offroad trips as well.

If you have a roof rack (even just the two rails), I'd probably mount it up there.

Now I’m thinking I’ll just make my own hitch mount. I’ll grab some thick angled steel and just weld it to a spare hitch. Drill a few holes, grab some heavy duty bolts and washers, done.

I have a 94 wrangler, I notched out a place on my bump stocks and mounted it there. It got rusty, I got stuck and needed it. But with the rust it was not being to agreeable with me, so I peed on it and it worked like a champ. lube means everything.

Back