How cold?

JPNinPA

How cold is it in your town or where you are visiting?

This cold snap has us at 0 deg F now. Earlier it was well below zero. Wind chills down to -30 deg F

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:

Sunny and 22 degrees, 21 mph wind all day long here in the shenandoa valley va. As long as that sun shines, i'm digen it.:)

Somewhere between 32 and 61. The temps seem to be bouncing all over the place

weather.JPG

It wasn't as cold today but wind chills are still in the -10 deg range. And we had a fire drill at work.
Pipes in the building and incoming water main busted.
Road way cracks are buckling. Can't wait to see the a-pot-hole-ypse from the warm rain, deep freeze & quick thaw.

My new word : a-pot-hole-ypse - a disastrous time when freezing temps cause multiple multiple potholes to form. Ones large enough to eat your tires alive.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
Coldest I've seen is 40 below in upstate NY. Had to hike a mile to work cause the car wouldnt start. Got to the jobsite with no one there, realized it was a holiday and had to hike back.

Yah this is the time of the year your battery will die without notice.

One year before Christmas we were shopping in this type of weather. Was driving a Pontiac Grand Prix coupe(garage kept) and parked out and away from others. Then went in shopping for an hour or two.

Big mistake!. Parking away from the building and other cars left the car exposed to the high winds. When I came out the engine wouldn't turn, light flickering like crazy... I Popped the hood and could see the terminals bulging out of the battery with acid running down the side.
Jumping will not work and is dangerous with a liking battery. So, I had to get it towed, cause it was too late to go and buy a new battery.
What sucked was they tucked the battery inside the fender under the cross support and the air intake and windshield washer container. And I Had to remove it all just to get to the battery in the freezing cold the next day.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:

Well I wish the weather would make up its mind. We have some mid 40 days then back down in the 20s. It's 22 now but by next this up coming weekend 50s

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

30 deg and 4 inches of snow last night. 45 today and warm rain.
:-/

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back