Ill have a brand new jeep by the end of all this...

bugleboy

4/20/19 I bought a 2015 jku with 40k with 3 inches of lift miles on it, on the lot I spotted a common leak in the bottom corner of the radiator, the dealer said no problem and replaced the thermostat and radiator. Two weeks later I could smell brake burn and as I pulled into the driveway my right rear was smoking and crackling like a campfire, took it back to the dealer and they said the break lines weren't long enough and collapsed, they replaced all brake lines pads rotors and calipers in the rear end and even added rear mopar brake line extensions at no cost to me and gave me a 2019 sahara rental (also free) while it was in the shop for the week. I get her back and went to go topless day, took it easy (it was our first date) and all appeared fine two weeks later I'm putting her in 4hi to go through some wildlife management trails and I hear this god awful ratcheting sound while under load in 4hi and 4lo. Back to the dealer... they told me it was the front driveshaft and that it was also covered under warranty. So this time I have a 2019 cherokee rental and its been in the shop for two days but today I get a call telling me my driveshaft is two weeks backordered from mopar and they won't release it to me till they put the new one in. I am now I the process of raising hell with jeep customer service to try to get one sooner because this thing has been in the shop more than on the road. I sure am glad my jk came precertified with a warranty and still has 100k drivetrain because it seems like the previous owner drove the crap out of this thing. My jeep I dub thee HOOPTY
1cc1adeedfa4bed6ada998c72935a3a5-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How long or many miles is your warranty? See if they will extend it a month or 1300 miles so for all the issues. Some of these are not what they check in a certified review are they???

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

How long or many miles is your warranty? See if they will extend it a month or 1300 miles so for all the issues. Some of these are not what they check in a certified review are they???

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app
The pre certification covered just about everything under the sun, drivetrain covers all the really expensive stuff for the next 60,000 and i got an extra protection plan for like $10 a month to cover everything else

It sounds like whoever did the lift did not know what they were doing. Often a dealer will throw on a cheap lift and some bigger rubber and Jack up the price....that might be why the brake line problems and front driveshaft problems are just showing up now. I'm wondering if you might need a custom length driveshaft to account for the lift????

It sounds like whoever did the lift did not know what they were doing. Often a dealer will throw on a cheap lift and some bigger rubber and Jack up the price....that might be why the brake line problems and front driveshaft problems are just showing up now. I'm wondering if you might need a custom length driveshaft to account for the lift????
I forsure need a new driveshaft, and if thats the case the dealer really screwed themselves because they have spent ALOT of money on warranty repairs amd free car rentals for me so far . I have been working on a list that includes a new driveshaft set and possible regear for the dana 30 up front, ill take it easy till black friday when I can get a deal

I guess I should invest in a driveshaft with dual cv joints huh? Angles look a little sharper than they should (I think?). I plan on making suspension upgrades over aesthetic upgrades, im just trying to figure out where I should start with my limited budget. I want to be able to "send it" without fear of ending up broken every time
25bda191cee9ffbd49b1d39cfedd2a78-1.jpg
9eec607a083010fb2b298877080a93c6-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back