Is going doorless legal?

buttons276

I’m new to wranglers. Actually I only had it home for a day and it’s back at the dealership but that’s another story. My question is when I get it back my son is dying to take the doors off. But I noticed the mirrors are on the doors. Is it legal to ride around without your doors or do you have to get one of those mirror relocation kits?

I’m new to wranglers. Actually I only had it home for a day and it’s back at the dealership but that’s another story. My question is when I get it back my son is dying to take the doors off. But I noticed the mirrors are on the doors. Is it legal to ride around without your doors or do you have to get one of those mirror relocation kits?
Laws vary from state to state. Florida does not require doors but does require one "unobstructed" mirror. I guess that an officer could say the spare tire obstructs the rearview mirror so I added these $2 2" mirrors to the air vents as a cheap way to keep things legal. I won't lie to you though, I still turn my head because these mirrors are pretty hard to see with
4c74b1cbf885532cc12cc8b3080a21ad-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Check your state laws. A driver side mirror is almost always required, so you will need to look at mirror relocation brackets.

Personally, I prefer to keep the doors on.

My understanding in my state is that you need the windshield rearview and the drivers side mirror. I have a mirror that mounts to the top door hinge. Single post, just takes a couple minutes to mount.

Back