campers

IMG_0621.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back to the camper, it's got a propane heater and gas lamps. Think I'm gonna just have the gas heater and the 3 burner stove hooked up to propane. I'm trying to find info on that type of heater in the camper, any ideas? It's a 1968.

I'd love to have a camper - my problem is that I don't have any where to store it. I'd probably load the top with solar panels from harbor freight that charge car batteries. Then get a bunch of 12v automotive LEDs for lights.

Yup I'm going with the 12v led lights. Was doing a little research and found out those old heaters are noisy, Going to take the original heater out and put in a propane catylitic heater. Well this is going to be a nice learn as ya go winter project.

Ah ha, I'm not the only yahoo that can not post pics . The thread "what breed is this" is also having a problem .

Found a bullet hole in the corner of the camper. Well my friend did when I showed it to him. Entrence and exit point of the bullet on the very corner of the camper. Wish I could show a pic, lol. Gonna put one of those bullet hole decals around it.

I'm pretty sure that the campers cool. the name of the original owner is on the title . their name attached to the camper 50 yrs later can still be made out.

Last edited:
I'll end up sending the pics to terry to post, I'm exploreing ideas on what to do with this camper.

Last edited:
The saga of the pics,lol. Now tonight I can not upload photos from my phone to my computor. Hmmmmm I recently had a dropbox account that I recently let die. It's dieing thought was probably "you aint doen noten sucker". Prayers may be in order.

I'm destroying the camper thread with my problems,lol. Ok , back to the camper. On the interior of the front of the camper. The paneling was disintagrated, was a birds nest behind it. Ok , so the pic here is, you are looking at only 2x2 frameing and the shell of the camper. Oh god I wish I could send a pic.
What type of material, more heavy duty then paneling could I use , that would also be water resistant ?

The exterior marker lights need to be taken off and a gasket needs to be replaced. Now its a 68 camper and I would like those gaskets to live another 50 yrs. What material would you recommend. I was thinking about rubber tube material from a tire as the best way to go.

First check if they don't still make the same marker lights. Some of those old styles are still used on campers, trailers, trucks, tractors...
Make and model is molded inside.

It depends on the lense, housing... How did the old gasket fit? Pic would be great! I know you are having issues with that.
If the gasket was flat I'd buy some rubber to make a gasket. If the gasket is in a slot and the lens goes in the slot too I'd use rubber hose.
If the lens covers the slot but not in it I'd get a round or square gasket to fit in. Like screen repair cord.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I'll send some pics later today. I took the marker lights off last night, I was surprised that those old lights look to be a sealed unit.

Back