Buyback for death wobble

ScubaSteve 2115

My JL has been in the shop for 32 days because of the death wobble. I called today for the first time to get s status and was told by a technician the vehicle is on its 5th technician to see if they can narrow down the problem. Has anyone had a issue where the manufacture had to buy the vehicle back due to not being able to fix it? It's a 2019 that is still under warranty.

Thought i replied to this. Any front solid axel vehicle is prone to this. Jeep is well aware wranglers have this issue.
It starts with the track bar. The bushings, bolt to collar tolerance and torque. From there alignment or tire balance to start the oscillation. And if not fixed promptly many steering components get damaged and could start the oscillation the next time you get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

My TJ gets death wobble every couple of years. I throw new tie rods at it, and possible a trackbar - this time I'll put in a new dampener. It drives like new for a couple years, but it always comes back.

In general, death wobble happens due to worn parts - not sure what to say about your 2019 though. I'd document everything.

Terry I got rid of it with a new track bar bushing or full track-bar from Moog. See pic. Two layer of rubber and in bedded metal collar to reduce twisting motion. Larger bolt that tightly fits the collar and frame side mounting holes. And torquing that bolt down to spec insuring there is no movement.
IMG_0657.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:
Back