One person Jeep hardtop removal

Welcome @jcrolinjack ...neat new hard top jack. Looks like it should work great to remove the hard top reliably and safe. Perhaps a forum or group purchase incentive to get the product noticed as you know the jeep aftermarket is huge. Might not work too well with the new JT hard top but thats a different design.

Thanks very much for the feedback. I’ll be offering a ‘Pre-Launch Reservation Pricing’ of $200.00 off MSRP of $749.99 in Mid-February. How would you advise I offer that as a group purchase incentive? I really appreciate all your insight. Thx.
Welcome @jcrolinjack ...neat new hard top jack. Looks like it should work great to remove the hard top reliably and safe. Perhaps a forum or group purchase incentive to get the product noticed as you know the jeep aftermarket is huge. Might not work too well with the new JT hard top but thats a different design.

Nice work. Looks like it would work great on a smooth flat driveway.
Any numbers, images, or videos of taking the top off a lifted jeep in a garage with std ceilings...

Are the casters locking?
Can you store the hardtop on there?

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Looks like a great solution! I wish I had one when I still had my hardtop. I did remove it a couple times by myself by lifting it up on my back and walking it off but that's a great way to kill your back.

Seems really pricey. I would not spend that much for something I would only use a couple of times a year.

How stable is it once you roll it off? Seems like you would still need a second person to remove it from the lift and secure it somewhere. To leave on the lift seems like it would be in danger of falling off from getting bumped into by others, kids or even strong wind. You sure don't want that falling on a kid that was playing under it.

Otherwise, great solution to the problem.

edit: as JPNinPA mentioned, will it go high enough for lifted jeeps?

Thanks very much for the feedback. I’ll be offering a ‘Pre-Launch Reservation Pricing’ of $200.00 off MSRP of $749.99 in Mid-February. How would you advise I offer that as a group purchase incentive? I really appreciate all your insight. Thx.

@terrymason would be the best one to contact. Sounds like a good deal!

I'm sure you've heard of the other company that markets a one-person hard top lift. They claim the hard top can be safely stored on the stand in the garage.

it works on most surfaces. We’ve tested on uneven and bumpy pavement. It’s structural steel, 13 gauge, 2.4 diameter round tube on main upright. I make commercial grade fitness equipment that goes into health clubs and use the same materials. The jack is rated to hold 2000 lbs. The Jeep hardtop weighs about 140 lbs. It can store right on lift. No need to put on the garage floor.

the caster wheels are locking.

it takes less than 10 minutes to assemble. One set of hardware.

video and photos will be done in 4 weeks.

thx for the input.

Nice work. Looks like it would work great on a smooth flat driveway.
Any numbers, images, or videos of taking the top off a lifted jeep in a garage with std ceilings...

Are the casters locking?
Can you store the hardtop on there?

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Welcome!
I think southtj was thinking tip-ability not durability. At least that is what I thought when I read his post. Can it lower to the ground?

Does it fold up and out of the way when not in use?

I'll have to watch the video again.

Think about storing top panels and doors. Anything else for going topless. Mirrors and door switch pins....

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
It is very stable and will not tip. It does not lower to the ground. I designed it to raise off the Jeep and to remain in the upright position so one car park their Jeep under it. It’s a very small footprint and a Jeep can park under the Upper Platform Assembly when not in use.

it can accommodate most lifted Jeeps.

Back