Wrangler TJ No More...

PavementDancer

Hi all...newbie looking for some info. My Jeep Wrangler TJ which I have had for fourteen years and 207,000 miles has died. I’m afraid on my way to work a couple of weeks ago the engine seized (yes it did have oil) and it now sits in my driveway having had it towed.

So my question for any one here that might know is; is it worth anything as is? The tow truck driver who also has a Jeep Wrangler seemed to think that if I advertised it, even not running, I wouldn’t have a problem getting offers on it. IF true, any idea what it might be worth in its current condition. Does have a bit of rust but the frame is good and also has 16” Rubicon rims.

Thank you in advance for any info,
Nick

Well yes. People are looking for jeeps all the time. Post pics.
Parting it out can be more profitable but more timely.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I parted out my old CJ years ago - probably made 3 times what it would sell for whole. I even lived in an apartment at the time.

As to what it's worth, I would expect a good condition 2005 TJ to go for $5000 - $7000. I'd expect you could get $1500 or so as is. You should price out having someone put a junk yard motor in it and see if that would make you more money selling it.

I would try to sell it as is. Parting it out will require a lot of work.

There is a Jeepz member recently looking for a TJ tub.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back