Anyone else stuck at home?

You can freez milk. It's good.

My wife heard that so one yr when we went of vacation we froze about a 1/2 gallon of milk. While it thawed out ok when we got back IMO that milk no longer tasted good. Other than taste I don't think it hurt it. We've never froze any since.

Well we need more tips on survival tech stuff, somebody has a thoght. Jump on in here, let us know.

Did it taste like powdered milk?

Milk is a bunch of stuff. Water, fat, protein.... each freeze at different temps.
Quick google finds info stating, the milk de-homogenizes. Everything separates. And the quicker the freeze the less the taste will change.
The good news is it can be frozen for a month without spoiling.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last weekend I have tried to tighten my exhaust pipe of my jeep in hope that it will somehow lessen the odd vibration that I have noticed from my steering wheel. FYI, I am using an Axle-Back Exhaust for almost 5 years now and I am thinking of replacing it soon. Your recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Did it taste like powdered milk?

I grew up on powdered milk and hated it although it is possible my mother added extra water to make it go further. I haven't drank any powdered milk in over 50 yrs. I don't remember if the unfrozen milk tasted like powdered milk or not - just that I didn't like it.

We've not been quarantined but being retired it's not like we go out a lot. We do miss being able to go to restaurants. I know they've reopened at reduced capacity but not sure it's worth the risk.

Nudding

97 degrees here, sit at the picnic table in the shade with a cold one. Dogs under the table digging them selves a cool spot. Throwing dirt all over me. Life is good ! 8)

I'm with you, it's pretty hot hear. I got up at 9am to go for a run, but haven't left the house since.

...it's pretty hot hear...

Juicy gossip? What hot stuff did you hear??

Pool is 85 deg and doesn’t feel cooling. Working on the garage was like a sauna. No breeze.

Got up to 97 here this afternoon, holed up in the house all afternoon. Then it rained a little and cooled it down, I'm like yahoo I'm free to go outside and do something.

Other than wearing a mask in public and not going to restaurants our routine hasn't changed too much. Yesterday I got to go to Lowes and then to my stepson's mobile home to replace his water heater and rotted out floor. Who knew being retired would involve so much work!

We've had daily highs in the 90s for several weeks :drool:

gorgeous evening here In the shenandoah valley. Nice an quiet, frogs croaking , and cattle farting .

Last edited:
Another one! I had thoughts of moving my recliner to the back yard. Just look at the stars and fall asleep.

Recliners are fairly heavy, don't think I'd want to put that much effort into moving it especially knowing when it rains it would need to come back inside.

Back