Anyone else stuck at home?

I'm guessing this is the new normal. I work from home now, don't really leave when I'm not working. I appear to be a shut-in.

Sucks! Don’t it.

Been looking for alternate TW site.

Home is to be a refuge. A place you go to relax, unwind, and recharge. When you never leave and make it your workplace. It becomes your work place you never leave.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

I haven a really nice evening. Went fishing today, played poker with a couple of friends. Tomorrow, lockdown for me. No visitors, I may get to be a real pain in the ass here.

Ok! Home alone in the kitchen. Baked some hot Italian sausage in the oven, and decided to experiment with it. Got me some ketchup, sour cream, hot dog relish, and teriyaki sauce. Man , teriyaki sauce on a hot Italian sausage is deadly, I couldn't get it out of my mouth fast enough.

Good italian sausage with fennel. Mmm
I like mine grilled brown with caramelized onions, & pepper and line of Golden’s brown mustard on a soft Kaizer roll.

Questioning “out of your mouth” ?
Didn’t like it?

Last edited:
my son's stepson is currently being home schooled via internet and is doing real well. i tease his mother and say it's because he's the teacher's pet

covid cases are on the rise locally although it doesn't seem to have changed things much

i all but cut my ring finger off monday so that hampers me getting out and doing much of anything

Good italian sausage with fennel. Mmm
I like mine grilled brown with caramelized onions, & pepper and line of Golden’s brown mustard on a soft Kaizer roll.

Questioning “out of your mouth” ?
Didn’t like it?

Most disgusting thing I ever tried.

my son's stepson is currently being home schooled via internet and is doing real well. i tease his mother and say it's because he's the teacher's pet

covid cases are on the rise locally although it doesn't seem to have changed things much

i all but cut my ring finger off monday so that hampers me getting out and doing much of anything

I hope for a speedy recovery on that finger. Did you need surgery?

Covid is up and down here. High cases seem to center close to the main highways. IMO. Don’t know to the city level(other than large cities) the count or rate but i think that would be interesting to see.
Anyhow on one side of the county most everyone is mask compliant. On the other side you are less likely to see people wearing masks in public.

Last edited:
I hope for a speedy recovery on that finger. Did you need surgery?

i had the first surgery monday, it was just to put my fingers back together enough to keep them alive. tuesday they will try to reconstruct my ring finger and fuse the last joint on my middle finger. recovery could take 6 months. in the meantime i have to try and figure out how to do things with just one hand. as bad as it was i'm fortunate the injury wasn't worse

Well surgeons and tools are so much better today. Jimmy Fallon near lost his ring finger a few years ago. It took him a long time to get back.
We’ll be pulling for you.

It was a lapse of judgement while using a table saw.
Recovering from the second surgery is a lot harder than the first. Pain isn't bad but I've been extremely tired. It is difficult to do much with one hand. My wife has to help me bathe, get dressed, cut up my food, etc.

“...In good times and bad...”

Hope for a speedy recovery.

Table saws , scare me. When ever I use them, I take a t stance with body leaning backward. Left foot straight ahead, right foot perpendicular to left foot, with body leaning away from the saw.

While I've never had a fear of any saw I did see a table saw being used on TV the other day and my first thought was the guy's fingers were too close to the blade. .... mine have often been closer.

I don't have / use a table saw, but I am guilty of poor handling of circular saws. I've used propped the board on my knee, or just held it in the air while cutting. Now that I've got kids who are usually watching I try to be safer.

This is some pretty amazing technology (cool stuff around the 2 minute mark)

My surgeon mentioned that, she said her husband was in the market for a table saw and asked her if he should spend the extra for that feature. She asked how much extra? when he said $2k - she said no way!

That is pretty neat technology - makes you wonder how it can cut wood.

Back