Anyone else stuck at home?

Ok, googled why are barns painted red. Does not say anything at all about insects. Darn second hand info.

The red dye is different now. As a kid we had a treehouse under an apple tree. The redwood stain we used kept the bees away. But they were all over fallen apples.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Ok another day at home, telephone n lap top only communication with the rest of the world. Realized I hadnt changed the oil in the lawn mower for a while. Time to go to lowes for oil and filter. Bad idea, saturday afternoon there is gonna be more folks in the store that I dont need to be around.
thought about it and decided the best time for me to go there is at 8:00 am when they open the store. Overnight gives the virus room to die n I may be a little safer. I'm still gonna treat everything like it is contagious and leave the products in the garage for a couple of days before touching them again.
I'm slowly adjusting to being alone, It gets a tad easier with each passing day. Like I said before it takes time to adjust. But I gotta get away from the house for a little bit and see people. so I just drove down to the truck stop and sit there for a little bit in the parking lot and went back home.
Ok this may take a while in this situation, no visitors. Just me n the dogs. Its ok as long as I survive. LOL when this virus passes I may have to readjust being around people. Be safe out there yall,

This is sad. But I have to tell it. Yesterday a friend of mine told me his ex girlfriends boyfriend hung himself. They had a little tiff, nothing major, was told that he sarcastically told her , I'll see ya. After a while she went looking for him and found him hanging by the neck in the celler.
I was told he had some underlying mental issues. What a horrible way to find your mate or a family member. She is in a mental rehab right now. I feel so sorry for her.
During these stressfull times keep an eye on the ones that may have issues. God bless.

I got issues, they wont give me a check. When I tell them I Know I'm crazy. They dispute my findings.

Last edited:

Ok, googled why are barns painted red. Does not say anything at all about insects. Darn second hand info.

I just remembered, long ago porch ceilings were painted blue supposedly to cut down on insects. I'm not quite old enough to remember blue porch ceilings being the norm but do remember a significant number of them being blue and have painted some blue.

There may be something to that. The ceiling on my front porch is painted blue and there is not much of a fly problem compared to my back door porch where as it's white. I purchased this house from a 90 year old farmer.

Some helpful info
Use it to your discretion.

Washing hands

Washing food/packaging

Looking for
How long virus lives in/on...

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

Last edited:

Not sure if it's news around here or not, but HBO has released a ton of free content. You can either go to hbo.com, or on my roku device, I just use the roku channel. I'm currently binging on the show "Silocon Valley" - if you are into tech or IT I'd recommend it.

Not sure if it's news around here or not, but HBO has released a ton of free content. You can either go to hbo.com, or on my roku device, I just use the roku channel. I'm currently binging on the show "Silocon Valley" - if you are into tech or IT I'd recommend it.

Silocon or silicon or silicone?

A HBO or Cinemax special on the last one may be interest.

Regards,
JPNinPA

I struck black gold on my 1 1/2 acre farm LOL Makes me think of ched clampet fireing a shot.

I was weed eating on this area that I had junk on for the past 4 yrs, Got to weed eating the area it dug into the ground, I'm like darn that soil is awful dark. Went and got a shovel and dug 2 holes. Both of them 10 inches deep, 6 feet apart. All best you could buy any where. I'm like yahoo.

Went back this mourning to really examine the soil, there's all kinds of stuff in there, Larvas, worms. Called my neighbor who grew up here. There has always been a wood pile there for the past 50 years.

That's where my garden is going.

Now, I need some advice about this. I was thinking I can just dig a hole, with out tilling. Then I got to thinking why till the ground in the first place , Cause the Shit looks so good.

But then I started thinking, well there has got to be a reason why these farmers till the soil.
Full moon out tonight, it's beautifull. Hanging with the dogs.]

Then it dawned on me, Eliminate the critters that may damage or eat your plants.

What dawned on me turned out not to be exactly true. After talking to a avid country boy gardner about tilling. He said just to loosen the ground up , but in my case . It being soft and vibrant with life that is not necessary.

I've got 10 inches deep of good compost soil. He said just till about 4 inches down for the garden to plant. I'm a happycamper.

Then the other side of the happy camper. Due to limited social contact issues which is very important. I force myself to stay horizontal on the couch for about 3 hours of the day just because my social interaction time has been destroyed. get up in the mourn, coffee , news,thoughts of what to do. Then about 4 hrs later I hit the couch. Kill time on the couch then get up and am good for work for 3-4 hours. This 3 hr deal sometimes I question, Is this normal behavior. This is not normal behavior, and I'm not living at a normal time. So that's me yall be safe.

Last edited:

Yeah I have to take an hour to go walking. Tomorrow it will be earlier.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Social distancing doesn't bother me too much but doctor's orders not to bend over or pick up more than 5 lbs does. I have plenty of things I could be doing otherwise. 5 more weeks before I go back to the eye surgeon [retina tear] and I sure hope he clears me to go back to living by then!!!

Social distancing doesn't bother me too much but doctor's orders not to bend over or pick up more than 5 lbs does. I have plenty of things I could be doing otherwise. 5 more weeks before I go back to the eye surgeon [retina tear] and I sure hope he clears me to go back to living by then!!!
Good luck bro, when we think we have it hard look around ,there's some body else out there that just doubled down on ya.

Life was good today, got my antique troy bilt tiller, 50 s I think. It worked me to death,N it wouldnt stop when I wanted it to stop. But I got something done.

I'm actually glad I started useing those 25 Lb dumb bells, 2 months ago. Have seen great improvement . Handled the beast to day. DO IT !

Last edited:
I think being quarantined brings out the critic or cynic in me.

If I change a lightbulb, Am I now an electrician?
How about a spark plug. Am I now a mechanic?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Back