Anyone else stuck at home?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
My company has told me to work from home for the next two weeks - the schools are closed for at least two weeks. This has been day one and we're already going stir crazy. I'm sure that I've got it better than many - I'm not sick, just bored.

How are you guys holding up?

Grab a book buddy . I'm fortunate that I have lots of homework to do, garage house spring cleaning. But books are always a savior.

Not yet but it's coming this week. They have us reviewing telework agreements,..

Colleges out 2weeks then online courses remainder of semester. K-12 out 3weeks then planning online the remainder of the year.

I can't see K-6 benefiting any from online.

My question is... Bandwidth for all classes and business online.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I'm self quarintned on my property, not sick, no visitors allowed. Stocked up on supplies 2 weeks ago too supply me for 2 months. Dogs 6 month supply. Happy I live in the county, urban living would be a nightmare for me.

oh boy, this site should spring to life right here shortly.

Last edited:
Things may get a little strange when cabin fever sits in . espicially spring time. Thoughts of getting scuba equipment so ya can go shop at wall mart safely.. Hang in there.

I can't see K-6 benefiting any from online.

My question is... Bandwidth for all classes and business online.

My 1st grader and 4th grader both brought home their school Chromebooks. They are supposed to have "virtual learning" all this week. We'll see how that goes - who knows, it may work out ok.

My 1st grader and 4th grader both brought home their school Chromebooks. They are supposed to have "virtual learning" all this week. We'll see how that goes - who knows, it may work out ok.

Pay attention. You might learn something.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Do you think they will buck up on you, when you till them this is not a vacation. Get your nose to the grindstone.

I was already working from home two days a week just because I could but may go ahead and start full time after today. The only reason I came into the office today was because I was supposed to meet a guy to come do some cabling. Well, that got canceled until further notice so may head home at lunch. Daughter is a senior in HS and will start online classes Wednesday. Not sure if she'll be back at all which sucks for her to miss all those senior activities but you it's probably for the best.

Not sure if she'll be back at all which sucks for her to miss all those senior activities but you it's probably for the best.

That is a bummer. I guess it's better today that back in our day though - you can still video chat, but it sure isn't the same as actually being in school.

Well we were sent home today to start teleworking from home tomorrow.
Today no face to face meetings.
No telling how long this will last.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:

I went to the grocery store a few minutes ago (8:30 pm). There was the normal amount of people, but man was it sparse. No Toilet paper, disinfectant, or bread. Alot of the other stuff was really picked over.

Luckily there was plenty of beer.

Its been like that since Thursday last week here.

TP, water, canned goods, bread, milk fresh meat and poultry.

Groceries and Walymrt are closing at 7 or 9 pm and reopening 7 am. No more 24/7

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:
Well we gotta do, what we gotta do
My daughter is in Hawiaa, been there 2 yrs. Homesick, needs and wants to come back to the states. I told her to stay put . best kinda place to be right now
No air or boat traffic coming in.

But I'm in the situation that, interstate 81 goes through my area. deliveries good here. shenandoa valley virginia.

Back