Anyone else stuck at home?

Hey ! Hows it working with critters n kids in this new lifestyle we got here. And spring is here, yahoo time to take a trailride.

Oh man ! what if it dont . I'll be the main superstar here .

Last edited:

But I'm in the situation that, interstate 81 goes through my area. deliveries good here. shenandoa valley virginia.

I grew up just off 81 in Wyoming Valley PA.

Could hear the 18wheeler truck tires humming on a quiet night.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I think my wife is ready for me to go back into the office...

I work with people all over the world, Guatemala, Philippines, India, and everyone is working from home, a bit nervous, and ready for things to get back to normal. This really is a worldwide pandemic, with everyone in pretty much the same boat.

So far there has only been one case of the coronavirus in our county [and he's almost completely recovered] BUT there have been all kinds of closings; no schools [or online only] many stores have closed or shortened their hours, banks are drive thru only as are many restaurants. Like everywhere the stores can't keep toilet paper. We went to the grocery store yesterday and besides being sold out of TP they had no potatoes [not even in cans] but they must have been expecting a run on bottled water. Besides the shelf being full it was stacked on the floor in multiple aisles.

We are pretty much carrying on as normal. Personally I think the whole thing is overblown although I reserve the right to change my mind as things develop. Hoping for the best!

The weather here was great yesterday, and the whole family went for a walk down to the beach. there were quite a few people down there, however most people were keeping to the small groups. Walking down the street everyone was keeping their distance as well.

5 days of working from home done. The dog only barked during a couple of meetings and my daughter is learning how to do group video chats for her classes. My wife is still going into work as it's a small business but luckily not retail. They are going to let go over half of their staff today so that sucks. I really wish she would work from home but she is the boss.

I did get some extra exercise in and a few extra walks with the dog so that was nice but man, this is some weird stuff and has me a little nervous about what's to come.

Went to the convience store today. Decided to take my own plastic bag with me ,for them just to put the items in my bag with out them touching the bag. Or me touching anything they immediately touched. I save plastic bags to donate to the thrift store, but now I need them ,lol. Useing card only, and putting sanitizer on a paper towel before I enter store. To wipe my card after use..

Understanding why social distancing and shelter in place is important and effective for this outbreak. In 7 min.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Went to the convience store today. Decided to take my own plastic bag with me ,for them just to put the items in my bag with out them touching the bag. Or me touching anything they immediately touched. I save plastic bags to donate to the thrift store, but now I need them ,lol. Useing card only, and putting sanitizer on a paper towel before I enter store. To wipe my card after use..

That's probably smart but I haven't gone to that extent yet. I am extremely conscious of everything I touch and use sanitizer when I get back in the car and wash hands when I get home. Now they are saying you have to worry about your deliveries, saying the virus can live on cardboard for 24 hours. So now I bring the box in, unpack it, break it down and then thoroughly scrub hands.

I would be hesitant about bringing the box into the house.

I don't consider myself uber essential but I'm listed as "essential personnel" as multiple states are beginning their quarantine process to stem the rise in COVID-19 cases. I have been making small purchases of essential items over the past few weeks (not Rock Auto) and was actually looking forward for a few months of home detention.

Enjoy the gif as it really should be "physical distancing" which is what I preach to others in the office to stay out of H.R. Hopefully everyone here is taking this COVID-19 crisis seriously and making sure everyone in our circle of family and friends are safe, social distancing and doing their part in washing hands, eating well and staying healthy.

Last night I checked my small inventory of masks I used for construction and was excited to see they were N95. The shelves for masks in the stores have been empty for a few weeks as well as toiletries and in some cases food so conserve, be safe and pray this crisis ends soon. corona.gif

Best to stay busy+connected with family and friends and your jeepz.com family

Made one last trip to the food lion today to stock up on food. I decided it was time for the mask to come out and on. There has been 3 cases here in the valley, that's 3 to many for me. I was the only one in the store with a mask on, guess I stood out. Better then having to lay down somewhere. Be safe out there.

Back