Anyone else stuck at home?

So what did you make or learn to make while stuck st home?

We started making homemade saurkraut (below). The left is caraway seasoned the right two are turmeric, ginger and garlic seasoned.

We are making kimchi today. IMG_0945.JPG

And here is the kimchi
IMG_1400.JPG

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:

I'll pass on the kimchi. I went to do some work in the cellar of a client. Opened up the cellar door and a cloud of gnats come flying out. I'm like what to heck ? Come to find out the homeowner told me he was making kimchi. There was an uncovered crock in the cellar with cabbage rotting in it. I'm like you aren't really going to eat this !
They offered me lunch, I was hungry as hell. But politely declined.

Thats how I felt about the bottles of it in the market. Juice all over the sides and labels... it actively fermenting...

Fermenting food does let off gas. Probably why it was in the basement.

If I seen that at a market, I wouldn't go back to that market. Might have bats and snakes, cats n dogs hanging in the back.

Well another isolating day, The high light of my day was a video a friend sent me of 2 cats fighting. Dogs was in the house, played that video of the cats fighting. Dogs came alive real quick like running out the back door just a howling, looking for a cat.

If I seen that at a market, I wouldn't go back to that market. Might have bats and snakes, cats n dogs hanging in the back.

The market I saw it in was a very clean market. It is a big [Huge] international market. The kimchi continues to ferment in the bottles and its either leak or explode.

Last edited:
That is just so true. But this is a battle in the infant stage, stay in your foxholes for as long as possible. We is at war with an invisible enemy. ya gotta do what ya gotta do. You are the captain of your ship.

Since as a kid I read " the call of the wild". I thought that was so cool to bond with your dog like that. With them 24-7 . And now I find myself doing that with 2 4 yr old dogs from the same litter, both males. It"s like awesome

So, Ive been working out on my upper body for the past 6 weeks, feels great. Hell, I feel like , I'll take some one on twice my size. Done that on alcohol, it didn't work out to well. lol.

I'm on high alert about myself. I know what manic depressive is. I experienced it on the 7 th month of an 8 month stay at the crowbar hotel. I would have extreme highs, then extreme lows. I'm starting to see that in me now, It's the pressure that is causeing it I do believe.

Just wanted to share that, it did go away when the pressure was off.

But, sorry about your luck if it happens to you, It aint over. For a couple of weeks after my trauma, My fore head ached, I'm like what t f/k theres no muscles there. It happened to my co convict to, it went away.

What pressure?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

That is a really good question. I had to look at it and examine me.
Ok, jail is culture shock, Exactly what we have here. But ya got some one to talk to , interact with.
Ok,so I'm going ass backwards isollated with limited iteraction with people. In this case I got here, me and my 2 dogs. But I think that is what is triggureing it. No contact with people.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm doing OK with this whole quarantine thing. I still go for a run almost every day (by myself), but that's it. I've gotten a ton of work done, but business any personal stuff.

I did have to put the Jeep on the charger though - the battery was empty. I left it on a trickle (float?) charger.

It's defiantly going to be hard to start going back into the office when all this is over.

Back