Anyone else stuck at home?

That is a really good question. I had to look at it and examine me.
Ok, jail is culture shock, Exactly what we have here. But ya got some one to talk to , interact with.
Ok,so I'm going ass backwards isollated with limited iteraction with people. In this case I got here, me and my 2 dogs. But I think that is what is triggureing it. No contact with people.

You had people to talk to before, right?
They still available? There are many medias to use. Simple call, FaceTime, zoom, ... send smoke signals... maybe invest in short wave or HAM. Use your CB...

Someone corrected the nomenclature, its ‘Physical Distancing’ not ‘Social Distancing’. We are to be 6 feet apart and not becoming hermits.
Although limiting the number of trips to the grocery and gas station isn’t a bad idea. Bring a germaphobe outside the home is not bad either.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm doing OK with this whole quarantine thing. I still go for a run almost every day (by myself), but that's it. I've gotten a ton of work done, but business any personal stuff.

I did have to put the Jeep on the charger though - the battery was empty. I left it on a trickle (float?) charger.

It's defiantly going to be hard to start going back into the office when all this is over.

Im ok its just hard sharing office and study space ... Work comm links are slow and disrupted. I need 3 PC’s including my personal one to conduct business.
Not all media is allowed...

I do miss being around like minded people and in a lab setting. People to just bounce ideas off and join in healthy conversations with. Like hanging out at a local garage or a barbershop.

I've got a pretty nice setup here - I built a 12 foot long desk out of some 2x10s before this all started, and have dual monitors on arms. The wife and I can work side by side - I'm pretty sure she's on the loosing end of that arrangement. I think it really makes work better that everyone I work with has cameras, and we're able to video call whenever we talk.

On the plus side, I'm doing friday night zoom calls with a bunch of my college friends that I usually only talk to once or twice a year. I'm actually more in touch with my friends than I was before.

Perhaps I'm taking it to extremes . I did decide to go to wal mart today, first time back in , in about 6 weeks. Getting low on sanitizer, No sanitizer, have to check first thing in the mourning. Felt real uncomfortable in there, let me grab an go.
Like any type of change , it will just take time to adjust. And we not really sure about the changes. One day at a time.

No highs and lows today. But that one day I experienced those feelings made me take direct attention to it. I had only had that happen to me once before.

I was looking at my diet, woorkout issue where as this happened. Nothing wrong, perfect. Talked to meself a little, didnt get in no arguements. Life is good !

Talked to meself a little, didnt get in no arguements.

Those are the worst kind of arguments to get in - too hard to win :p

Medical restrictions are bothering me more than the 'quarantine' Hopefully when I go back to the doctor on the 14th he clear me to go back to living life! I've got all kinds of work around the place that's backing up on me.

My wife has taken a cold with a fever - I don't think it's anything to be overly concerned with. They said on the news yesterday that the virus also produces headaches and she has one. Hopefully she won't hear that. She'd get worried and forget the fact that she's been plagued with headaches for years.

Talked to meself a little, didnt get in no arguements. Life is good !

The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.-G. Carlin

cool! But the cruelist lies are told in silence, Thomas Jefferson . I think. Maybe it was Robert louis stevenson. Not sure which one but knew it was someone I respected.

Last edited:

Dont know the radio station , but switcning from red neck to *****es getting it on with rock. So cool. Life is good! Summer time, fresh garden of tomatoes Hellmanns mayo. Oh my my.

But like once or twice is cool. But you continue with this religious music and I'm like what ta darn. looked at the clock , Sunday has arrived LOL.

6B97D43F-57E9-48BF-A8DE-C193B6C0BDEC.jpeg

But like once or twice is cool. But you continue with this religious music and I'm like what ta darn. looked at the clock , Sunday has arrived LOL.

OK! I told yall I was a little unbalanced. I kinda like it that way, but sometimes it gets scary.

New here.... That is how I found you guys.. Too much time on my hands?
I'm a General Contractor / CalFire Volunteer, I don't build anymore, now I specialize in maintenance, remodels and custom work. Remodeled part of someones house recently to resemble the inside of a Log Cabin.
Work is slow, some essential. I have got a lot done around my own place for once!!

Last edited:

I had a really great thought, then exhaled and lost it.

Tough times we giggle we roar we have spirit. We will military up bootcamp still watch high alert. Stay in the foxhole, hang in there

Back