Anyone else stuck at home?

The shortest day of the year is over. It only gets better from here.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

I had a covid scare on sunday night - I had a fever, chills, the whole thing. Luckily the test came back negative, and I was fine in two days.

If I had caught covid after spending a year as a shut-in I would have lost my mind.

I'm part of the (I will not comply) movement. Figure I have a better chance of death from heart disease. Family and I have been living life as normal. Last year was amazing for us. We RV'd around the country with no traffic. Went to Yellowstone, Bolivar Beach TX, Branson MO, South Dakota, Florida, Colorado, Outer Banks and a few other stops. We wear masks and wash our hands, But we still got out there and seen many amazing sites. We tried to shop local at all the places we went to help people out. With our kids doing schoolwork online, it was the best time. Most of the National Parks were closed. All that meant was the tourist stops are not open. The roads, bears and moose were out in full force.
This year is mapped out like this, Deltona Fl, Pensacola Fl , Back to the beach in TX ( with the 2015 Jeep JKU we just got) then we are heading for Moab. Staying in St. George for a week or so, then probably heading up to the Black Hills for some more sights.

Last edited:

Cool man, hell yeah . Explore the world, spice of life.

You have to put Durango Colorado on your list. Head over to the 4 street town of silverton and spend a few days hitting the trails with all the 14ers they have available there. Engineer pass and cinnamon pass will take your breath away.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Image1617336993.120791.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

My company has told me to work from home for the next two weeks - the schools are closed for at least two weeks. This has been day one and we're already going stir crazy. I'm sure that I've got it better than many - I'm not sick, just bored.

How are you guys holding up?

I'm a retired Sheetmetal Journeyman, so I have way to much time on my hands. LOL I keep busy with my woodworking business. I'm doing some turning of bowls & mugs, candle holders...etc. Also I keep busy building cutting boards, benches, tables... In my spare time LOL I like to fix up my 1980 CJ5. Going to be installing a new windshield frame on Tues or Wed. After that I'll be installing na new A/C system in it.
Other than that, I'm watching movies on my "Firestick"..LOL

Thank you for the tips! Keep them coming. So far the Beartooth highway is tops on our list. That was recommended by my sons high-school teacher. We all loved it.
We will add these to our list!

Well we’re back to work 100%
Masks only if you can’t keep 6 ft apart or are not vaccinated.

We’ll see how it goes.

What is everyone else doing?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
I work from home 100% and love it.
I did go back into the office on Monday for the first time in months - still pretty quiet there, but you don't have to wear a mask if you are vaccinated. I'd say the office is at 5% occupancy.

Back